Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bottom line... Jet Blue (the company) is making money hand over fist; on the backs of whore pilots who think it's ok to make 1/2 what WN pays to do the same job.

Say what you want about legacy carriers, Gemini, etc.. You're bringing down the bar, the profession and you're all reveling in it. Just remember, what goes around, comes around.

Tax deduction!

how many hours do you have to fly to make $150K flying the a-320 at your legacy ALPA carriers (be specific and dont forget to subtract the 1.95) ?? thats the real joke...

Don't forget the 1.95% is tax deductable. You'll get 20% back of all you paid to get the higher wages at the Legacy carriers.

At least ALPA will always get you something for the 1.98%. If you make over $100 grand, the over $2000.00 you spend on ALPA will get you just over $ 200 back on your taxes.

You could do much better putting the two grand in a Roth IRA.

Get a Union, and pay what your pears are paying with the work rules your pears are working under (note, pears are WN, TED, HP, etc..).. and then, I'll back off, until then I see JB as a bane on the profession.. Not going as far as J/S wars, and blacklists that many I know advocate, but making the point that while the Legacies (I was hired by American in 2001) were faltering, the JB Koolaid drinkers were reveling in that... well, it's time to come to account for that.

Thanks for all the laugh's little man.

Guys help me out here, without a union, what did JetBlue have to give up after 9/11? Oh yeah, they got a pay raise.

Typical "sound bite analysis".

After 9/11, while other carriers were in - or quickly headed for - Chapter 11, NWA pilots got their largest pay raises in 35-years: 10.25%. That put NWA A320 captains at $212/hour.

If you were ignorant of that fact, then I understand the genesis of your smug attitude regarding unions.

Know this: The sun don't shine on the same dog all the time. JetBlue will experience a time when things are OVC 2 for the pilot group there. All pilot groups go through it. Even pilot groups such as SWA, with a relatively "positive rate", have had their brush with WTFO. The 10-year deal they signed in '94, comes to mind.

The killer UAL and DAL contracts just prior to 9/11 had a lot of folks crowing about the new Golden Age of the profession. (I'm sure you heaped appropriate praise on ALPA for negotiating those...right?) That period demonstrated what unions can do for our profession when the Possession Arrowis pointed your way. The carnage since 9/11 indicates there are things even previously successful unions can't overcome.

I recommend you choose small words to criticize other pilot groups...they'll be easier to chew when you have to eat them later.

Go back to having your debts wiped out in BK court.

I'm usually not one to wish ill on others, but I can tell you that if you think you're going to retire after a long career with no ups and downs from Jet Blue, you're living in a world of denial. Time will tell.. I'm done with this tread.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back