• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilot News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm curiuos how these wonderful union organizers at Jbpa got my address without my permission. What's next a couple of 300 pounder's showing up at my front door with a card to sign in hand? I was on the fence not any more.

Oh no, another piece of mail. The horror.

If the fact that you received a piece of mail from the JBPA is pushing you off the fence to the side of being against a union then you are an idiot. Not because your against a union, thats your choice, but because of your conspiracy theorist attitude towards the JBPA. Oh no, they have my address, are they spying on me? Quick go buy a shredder, I bet they are going through your trash as well. Maybe you should wear one of those little tin hats so they don't read your thoughts too.

Lighten up Francis, since when does someone need your permission to send you a piece of mail. What do you do with all of the junk mail from the credit card companies? Are you afraid that Capitol One or Citibank are gonna show up at your house with some muscle and force you to sign up for a credit card?

Watch out for the boogie man. Hey FI gets your IP address when you post. Watch out, they know who you are.....

Last edited:
Well said, WG. I personally would like to have a paperless union to match my paperless JB, oh wait ...

You are correct, sir. Only 35% required to hold a vote. However, most unions will wait until a significant majority turn in cards. ALPA doesn't like to disclose what their threshold is, but I can say that it's quite a bit higher than 35%, and even quite a bit higher than 50%. I would imagine that the JBPA is probably using similar benchmarks before petitioning for an election. Just because they haven't filed doesn't mean that they haven't gotten a majority of the cards.

I wish the JB guys luck on this. I've been seeing a lot of JB pilots with the JBPA stickers on their bags, so that's a good sign. Is the JBPA still looking for donations from pilots outside of JB?

A good example of not knowing what is being signed. (Interest Cards) If 51% are returned there will be no vote. The NMB will recognize JBPA as a labor group. Just understand and read the fine print!

I'm curiuos how these wonderful union organizers at Jbpa got my address without my permission. What's next a couple of 300 pounder's showing up at my front door with a card to sign in hand? I was on the fence not any more.
hummm.... ever notice if you're a cfi, how every two years you get many unsolicited renewal offers from various places. same thing man

A good example of not knowing what is being signed. (Interest Cards) If 51% are returned there will be no vote. The NMB will recognize JBPA as a labor group. Just understand and read the fine print!

You are incorrect. I'm a former RLA union organizer. I've done a few of these drives. I know a thing or two about it. Interest cards, as you call them, (really called Authorization for Representation cards) are only used to determine whether a vote will be held. If you get 70% of them, then you still have a vote. I've worked a few ALPA drives that received quite a bit over 50% of the cards, but we still had to have votes. Get educated.

You are incorrect. I'm a former RLA union organizer. I've done a few of these drives. I know a thing or two about it. Interest cards, as you call them, (really called Authorization for Representation cards) are only used to determine whether a vote will be held. If you get 70% of them, then you still have a vote. I've worked a few ALPA drives that received quite a bit over 50% of the cards, but we still had to have votes. Get educated.
so you have a copy of the JBPA literature in front of you then?

so you have a copy of the JBPA literature in front of you then?

If the JBPA literature says what you're claiming, then it's incorrect. I know the law.

The Jetblue pilots are divided into two main groups. Airbus captains and everybody else.
Hey Genius,
You want to know what group has the lowest interest (cards)? 320 FO's....thats right FO's.

Latest resources

Back