• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilot News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1600-2000 Guys that came from commuter jobs, are just happy to be here, and think that everything blue rules.

This might be be one of the most arrogant statements I've seen regarding possible organization at Jetblue, the very idea that the bottom 400 guys be it commuter or otherwise don't have the "wisdom" to make an informed decision is a slap in the face of the pilots you speak of. Statements like this help no one, and certainly not those supporting the organizational drive.

Last edited:
so you have a copy of the JBPA literature in front of you then?

The company would have to agree to that. So... if JBPA had 50%+1 or more and JetBlue was to consent to certiication, the NMB *could* certify JBPA without a vote.

Does that clear things up?

The company would have to agree to that. So... if JBPA had 50%+1 or more and JetBlue was to consent to certiication, the NMB *could* certify JBPA without a vote.

I wasn't muddy...but thanks...

1600-2000 Guys that came from commuter jobs, are just happy to be here, and think that everything blue rules.

Commuter jobs?

Do those guys from Cape Air have a union or are you talking about the guys outta college cause most of the commuter guys probably came from a union carrier.

As for commuter jobs the reason why you guys are voting for a union is because everyone except Airbus Captains are getting paid commuter pay. So unless oil drops below $100/barrel you are looking at commuter pay for the next 10 years until you make Airbus Captain.

I wish your group the best of luck in these times. Statements like these are divisive.

Last edited:

Even that isn't 100% correct. Yes, the company could agree to certify in that case, but a group of the pilots could also object and demand an election, or an alternate union could object and demand an election. If there's no objection, then yes, the company could agree to certify. But I think everyone knows that that won't happen.

Just making sure, because in your previous post it appeared you didn't know that the company had to consent. My mistake.

No worries! there was enough grey in my statement to read that into the interpretation. I was suggesting that people may think it is "just" an interest card, and my point to PLC was he should know that there could potentially be "no" vote, with >51% (unlikely) if agreed to by the company if he knew the law as stated.
Cheers Spaz!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back