• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilot News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1600-2000 Guys that came from commuter jobs, are just happy to be here, and think that everything blue rules.

Actually, some of the 1600-2000 feel their interestes would not be served by JBPA, since we are just too ignorant to be listened too. With comments like that, Why would we feel that we'd be represented? How many of the Horrible Hundred have wished us furloughed? I hope that's who represents me! Aren't we the ones that are on the poor first and second year pay and a future not as bright as the top 500?

By the way 1600 - 2000 represent about 400 hundred votes. How many in the Horrible Hundred? Ahhhh... a hundred?

Ya may not want to bash us dumb commuter pukes too hard. We do still get to vote.

S

Last edited:
Sorry if its been asked before but when is the vote supposed to take place. Thanks.

After 50% +1 turn in cards then the pilot group can vote for representation. Like I said before, they have not gotten 50% +1. No vote until then.

Full Blown JBPA Meeting took place today at the Ramada Inn JFK.. 150 + attended and the call in maximum for the conference call was 150 and it was full.

The President of SWAPA was there along with the Coalition of Airline Pilot Associations. Both offered some excellent information.

The Legal Team was there and they are operating ProBono until we are organized.

Recent management responses against unions have added only more supporters to the ranks.

With the Support and guidance of the SWAPA the JBPA drive should be a success.

Here is the breakdown of the union support:

Top 100 guys that all make over $200,000 a year that do not support it.

100-700 Probably 50% support it however I have not flown with a Captain in 4 months that did not think that the JBPA is a good idea

700-1600 Everybody else that wishes they were making 200k plus that already sent in their cards.

1600-2000 Guys that came from commuter jobs, are just happy to be here, and think that everything blue rules.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the top 100 pilots want nothing to do with a union. Personally I am a E190 CA in the 1000 seniority range and the guys here at the top have so much more to loose than you or I. I suggest that you go onto BP and read bobodog's meeting highlights. Pay particular attention to the comments about M&A and the value off our individual pilot contracts. The senior guys have way too much to loose. I fully support our union drive.

Sorry if its been asked before but when is the vote supposed to take place. Thanks.

After 50% +1 turn in cards then the pilot group can vote for representation. Like I said before, they have not gotten 50% +1. No vote until then.

Don't think that's right. It's only 35% to have a vote, but most organizing efforts wait until they have significantly more to petition for a vote. More than 50% have to then vote for representation for it to succeed. Whichever agent receives the most votes will represent the group.

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/faqs-ola.html
7. Q: What is a showing of interest?
A: A showing of interest is the percentage of the craft or class that has signed authorization cards. An application must be supported by an adequate showing of interest, in the form of employee authorization cards. Authorizations will be considered invalid if dated more than one year prior to the date on the NMB application. If the craft or class is already represented under the RLA and is covered by a valid existing collective bargaining agreement, the application must be supported from a majority (50% plus one) of valid authorization cards by employees in the craft or class. If the craft or class is unrepresented, the application must be supported by at least 35% of valid authorization cards by employees in the craft or class

Actually, some of the 1600-2000 feel their interestes would not be served by JBPA, since we are just too ignorant to be listened too. With comments like that, Why would we feel that we'd be represented? How many of the Horrible Hundred have wished us furloughed? I hope that's who represents me! Aren't we the ones that are on the poor first and second year pay and a future not as bright as the top 500?

By the way 1600 - 2000 represent about 400 hundred votes. How many in the Horrible Hundred? Ahhhh... a hundred?

Ya may not want to bash us dumb commuter pukes too hard. We do still get to vote.

S

Nobody is bashing you brother.. There will be representation in each respective seniority group. If you feel you could be of service to your fellow employees step up to plate as JBPA needs people like yourself..

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the top 100 pilots want nothing to do with a union. Personally I am a E190 CA in the 1000 seniority range and the guys here at the top have so much more to loose than you or I. I suggest that you go onto BP and read bobodog's meeting highlights. Pay particular attention to the comments about M&A and the value off our individual pilot contracts. The senior guys have way too much to loose. I fully support our union drive.

Fadec I am with you in support and your reply is correct however it has been my experience flying with the top guys here that they are either against or on the fence.. I am around 1200 on the bus

Nobody is bashing you brother.. There will be representation in each respective seniority group. If you feel you could be of service to your fellow employees step up to plate as JBPA needs people like yourself..

No problem at all. My flight was delayed and I just felt like stiring the pot a little.

S.

Latest resources

Back