• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue phase-1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
btw - They are still asking for Cold Call people - although I cannot confirm if they have actually called him yet...

It is rediculous that all of these companies primarily look at flight time as the sole competitive factor. I know many pilots that have 5000+ hours and suck in the 121 environment. A lot of them lack the excellent customer service skills, the cool captain ability, and the natural pilot element. But hey, they will get the interview before others....

Example, I had a sim partner at work that did terrible, he was senior to me and had more flight time. He will get a captain award before me. Fair huh? Reality...yes.

Oh well...I just wanted to vent. Anyone who disagrees with this is probably one of those anyways.

I am also in phase ll in the Jetblue process from the Dec 5th group. It seems to me, that alot have made it to the second phase, which is a very good sign that if you make it to the interview, they do want to hire you. I was very impressed myself with the quality of EVERYONE involved with the company. If this is any sign of what is to come, I cannot wait. Being at Usairways for over 16yrs., this was a pleasant surprise.

There is a feature article in the latest Air Inc "Airline Pilot Careers" magazine and it quotes Dean Melonas as saying that about 80% of those interviewed make it to Phase 2 and 90% of those get called for a class. Class graduation rate is about 99%.

roman,
Were your references that got "interviewed" employees at jetBlue, or not? I'm just wondering. I don't want to give out bad gouge, but I've written a few letters, inlcluding one for a guy in the Dec 5th interview, and all they've done was confirm that I wrote the letter. Maybe they do it differently if your reference doesn't work at the company.

Race pilot,
one thing I have heard is that they do not have a set number of people they hire per interview period. If they like you, they'll hire you, but you may have to wait awhile for a class, if alot of people make it from that interview. They'll give you a date pretty soon, but it may be a date that is a few months away.

jetBlue Interview to Class line...

I interviewed in Oct got hired 26 Nov and was asked if I could go to class the next week... I had to decline and go for the 3 Feb class date. Bottomline Dean and the folks at JetBlue appear to be totally flexible and happy to work with you...

Good Luck to you all...
I figure Southern Florida in Feb/March won't be too tough...

"Krunch"

Has anyone from the Dec. 5th interview group heard from JetBlue yet? They have called most of my references, but I have not heard a thing about the status of my application. I hope to hear soon one way or the other so that I can make some decisions about other job opportunities. JetBlue is definitely my first choice, so I'm hoping for good news.

For those that are curious, I submitted 6 recommendation letters to JB; 4 external and 2 from JB employees. They have called all of my external references but not the 2 JB references. Of the 4 people they called, only 2 were asked to participate in a phone interview, the other 2 were just asked to confirm that they wrote the letter.

Dec 5th group

Has anyone heard from JB yet? They did contact 4 of my lette references and interviewed 2 of them.

same here, banger. No word yet. (they were right - this is the hardest part of the process...haven't breathed right since the 5th)

Latest resources

Back