• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pay increase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe that the aircraft schedule will be modified. I just don't see that kind of growth.

I talked to a PVC member 2 weeks ago and he said aircraft deliveries in 2011 cannot be deferred any longer. The company is obligated to take them. Of course we may sell more...but he said these deliveries can no longer be deferred....we shall see....

Thanks for the update...

2010: 5 E190 options.
2011: 8 A320's and 4 E190's. 11 E190 options.
2012: 13 A320's and 13 E190's. 12 E190 options.

That's provided that the company doesn't sell off aircraft (again), turn in leased aircraft (again), or defer or cancel orders and options (again). This might not represent any growth at all. We won't know until they actually show up.

Good info! Thanks for the update! Hope it all works out to a decent amount of growth!!!

Incorrect ....13 aircraft scheduled for 2011.....fact at this time.

2012 has almost 20 aircraft scheduled for delivery.

These are the numbers for now. We could get aircraft in 2010 if the company wanted them.

That's good to hear, I'll keep my ears open for a "MCO Open House"

Thanks.

I was only kidding about sceduling adding to your line when you try to drop.......I was refering to that "Cal outsourced CREW SERVICES" audio spoof (FUNNY STUFF).

Basically, once you fine tune you schedule at the beginning of the month....that's it! If you can't FLICA, you got to SICKA!!!!!!!

I ment to say SKEDUALING not sceduling........i need to watch my spelling

Not JB bashing, just a question, without a union, what is to stop management from contracting a bunch of RJ lift or reducing those new pay rates when ever they feel like it?

I Do like the new rates and rigs.
Ah yes, because ALPA has been a brutal force in stopping this from happening at all their carriers!

Good for the JB guys. During this time it's great to hear of guys getting pay raises and more airplane coming online.......It just won't happen at an ALPA carrier.
Congrats GuyS!

I am in the top 35% in jfk I bid any trips that give me 7hrs per day. We have many many day trips that pay over 7hrs..

this month i am at 94 hrs with 16 days off after picking up a few extra days of flying.

Wow. Well ... I am also a fourth year 320 FO, in the top 35% and even in a month where I do nothing for the Navy, I don't get that kind of productivity. Realize that if your first concern is commutability -- i.e. no day trips or crash pads -- then this kind of productivity is not the norm. Oh, and I generally choose to work during the week, not weekends. But if I bid weekends, my seniority goes up per se.

Russ Chew gutted our productivity back in the day, and it hit the pocketbook of the commuter the hardest.

For me, day trips, with nights in Kew just suck. Give me CUN, AUA, SAN, SEA, AUS, ORD (hell even a raucous night in EWR) instead -- in exchange for a few or 5 hours of pay -- and I'm your huckleberry.

Oh, and click -- no offense, but 16 days off? That's the goal? How many even get that? Let's face it -- you and I and Caveman had about 900 or so hired underneath us. The view from the bottom of the 320 FO list in JFK is probably not that appealing. And with no growth in the future, it ain't gonna improve anytime soon.

How far we have lowered our aspirations.

I say raise the wage, lower the time away from home-- because it's the time away from home that truly makes this career suck -- and oila, you have me at "blue juice".

I will be officially living the dream when I work no more than 12 days a month (domestic of course, because we just sold our soul to Looftansy) and still get a paycheck that validates the fact that every time I land safely I don't kill 150 people.

Last edited:
I'm a 4th year A320 FO.

2nd year E190 FO:

Min guarantee (old rate): $46.2K
Min guarantee (new rate): $61.3K +$15.1K

78 hours (old rate): $54.1K
78 hours (new rate): $68.3K +$14.2K

85 hours (old rate): $61K
85 hours (new rate): $77.5K +$16.5K

6th year E190 CA:

Min guarantee (old rate): $82.3K
Min guarantee (new rate): $110.9K +$28.6K

78 hours (old rate): $96.4K
78 hours (new rate): $123.6K +$27.2K

85 hours (old rate): $108.8K
85 hours (new rate): $140.2K +$31.4K

For the folks at the regionals. These 190 rates MUST, absolutely MUST be demanded for 190 size equipment at the regionals. Then maybe some headway in earning a fair wage at the regionals will be made. I despise low cost carriers. But I will say that these 190 rates barely, BARELY cross the threshold of what can be considered a fair wage, that is as long as there are cost of living increases each year that keep up with inflation, which averages about 2.5%. Does it go up each year? Or is it stagnant for the length of the contract. If it is stagnant, then you take a 2.5% pay cut each year from here on out.

Latest resources

Back