• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pay increase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rjacobs......clickclick tells no lies.......the company staffs the line forcing us into productivity.....good and bad. If you want the dough, good. But once our pick-up/swap drop window closes.....that's it.....always below min reserves......."hello, crew services, I'm tryin to drop this SDQ turn tuesday night.
Crew Services: "hello Mr. Co-Pilot, you want to drop. So sorry, but I just added a PSE turn tomorrow night.....ENJOY!!!!!!!
Co-Pilot: DROP NOT ADD......... AHHHHHHHHH

Good job JetBlue. Congrats guys on the improvements. I understand you have more work to be done, but its a good start.

Question: Will JetBlue be hiring at any time in the future, any rumors of a MCO "Meet and Greet"?

Good job JetBlue. Congrats guys on the improvements. I understand you have more work to be done, but its a good start.

Question: Will JetBlue be hiring at any time in the future, any rumors of a MCO "Meet and Greet"?

Hiring of any type will be minimal, the next arrival of new airplanes is scheduled in 2012 ( I think ). At one time we had a few people in a pool , but we had three new hire classes the first of the year and I don't know if that drained the pool.

I am in the top 35% in jfk I bid any trips that give me 7hrs per day. We have many many day trips that pay over 7hrs..

this month i am at 94 hrs with 16 days off after picking up a few extra days of flying.

Thats awesome, I with we had that kind of productivity. Most 4 days at XJT are between 20-22 hours, some less some more.

rjacobs......clickclick tells no lies.......the company staffs the line forcing us into productivity.....good and bad. If you want the dough, good. But once our pick-up/swap drop window closes.....that's it.....always below min reserves......."hello, crew services, I'm tryin to drop this SDQ turn tuesday night.
Crew Services: "hello Mr. Co-Pilot, you want to drop. So sorry, but I just added a PSE turn tomorrow night.....ENJOY!!!!!!!
Co-Pilot: DROP NOT ADD......... AHHHHHHHHH

I dont necessarily think that staffing thin and having high productivity is a bad thing, SWA does the same thing if I am not mistaken. I cant believe though that if you call in to request something that they can just modify your schedule and add stuff at their whim, if thats true that sucks and something should be done about it, but I guess with no enforceable contract they can do what they want.

Thats awesome, I with we had that kind of productivity. Most 4 days at XJT are between 20-22 hours, some less some more.

I dont necessarily think that staffing thin and having high productivity is a bad thing, SWA does the same thing if I am not mistaken. I cant believe though that if you call in to request something that they can just modify your schedule and add stuff at their whim, if thats true that sucks and something should be done about it, but I guess with no enforceable contract they can do what they want.

You are right that would suck if it was true. I used to put up with that type of BS at previous airline. In 3 1/2 years I have never been required to do anything without being asked. only one time have they asked to extend my day. And it was hard to turn down 4 hours of JRA pay for a
35 min repo. flight. They have called me on off days to fly. But unlike a lot of places it is optional. Sometimes I fly, sometimes I say no thanks.

I have never been junior manned here in over 4 years.. I have had a couple calls to recover the operation but all situations resulted in me either flying less for pay guarantee or getting home day or so earlier.

Hopefully we can get the benes fixed

Hiring of any type will be minimal, the next arrival of new airplanes is scheduled in 2012 ( I think ). At one time we had a few people in a pool , but we had three new hire classes the first of the year and I don't know if that drained the pool.

Incorrect ....13 aircraft scheduled for 2011.....fact at this time.

2012 has almost 20 aircraft scheduled for delivery.

These are the numbers for now. We could get aircraft in 2010 if the company wanted them.

Wow

Incorrect ....13 aircraft scheduled for 2011.....fact at this time.

2012 has almost 20 aircraft scheduled for delivery.

These are the numbers for now. We could get aircraft in 2010 if the company wanted them.

When you say aircraft, are you talking only E190's or Airbusii? Either way that is some good growth coming your way....33 planes, that should be at a minimum 200 new hires!

When you say aircraft, are you talking only E190's or Airbusii? Either way that is some good growth coming your way....33 planes, that should be at a minimum 200 new hires!

2010: 5 E190 options.
2011: 8 A320's and 4 E190's. 11 E190 options.
2012: 13 A320's and 13 E190's. 12 E190 options.

That's provided that the company doesn't sell off aircraft (again), turn in leased aircraft (again), or defer or cancel orders and options (again). This might not represent any growth at all. We won't know until they actually show up.

2010: 5 E190 options.
2011: 8 A320's and 4 E190's. 11 E190 options.
2012: 13 A320's and 13 E190's. 12 E190 options.

That's provided that the company doesn't sell off aircraft (again), turn in leased aircraft (again), or defer or cancel orders and options (again). This might not represent any growth at all. We won't know until they actually show up.

I believe that the aircraft schedule will be modified. I just don't see that kind of growth.

Latest resources

Back