• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pay increase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's good news on the new rates. It still boggles my mind that Republic guys are making almost half that to fly the same equipment. What a world we live in.

That's what "shiny new jet syndrome" does to pay rates. For this, Republic is the industry poster child. Hopefully, they are permanently fenced out of Frontier's A320s.

I get what ClickClick gets but 14-16 days off. Also, same as him, sacrificing 1 - 2 days (if needed) off during peak months to get low to middle 90's. I'm bidding 60% JFK bus co-pilot.

At Frontier's concessionary (10%) rates, the 6th year Airbus FO pay at Frontier is ~$20/hr lower than Jet Blue's new rate. Even at full book rates, Frontier's 6th year FO pay is ~$10/hr lower. We gradually work our way back to "book" rates starting in January 2011 with full book rates as of January 2012.

As a point of comparison, the 6 year FO pay as of February 2012 will be $85.93/hour. Approximately the same as a 6 year E190 FO at Jet Blue.

Nicely done, gentlemen.

If any of the leg is scheduled to touch 1am to 5am then the override is paid for the entire leg.
We flying pairing made up of legs.

JFK to the islands in the middle of night is covered by the night rig.

But the return leg of the red-eye island turn pairing will not be covered by the over ride if the return leg of the pairing is scheduled to operate after 5:00 am base time.

Not JB bashing, just a question, without a union, what is to stop management from contracting a bunch of RJ lift or reducing those new pay rates when ever they feel like it?

I Do like the new rates and rigs.

Not JB bashing, just a question, without a union, what is to stop management from contracting a bunch of RJ lift or reducing those new pay rates when ever they feel like it?

Most of us had that very thing happen at the last "union" airline we worked for. I am not sure your argument is valid. It seems that over the last 10 years that is how airlines with or without unions have played the game. Just for the record I am not anti union. I Just call it how I see it.

Well the rates are a signed contract so they just can't change them. (not saying they can't get some lawyer/judge to do that). The RJ question is a good one, they probably can do that if they like. Back in 2004 they did just that in LGB because we were selling more tickets to OAK than we had seats for so they temporarily contracted with a company to lift some of our Pax. They took lots of heat from these Pax because they had thought they were getting the "jb experience" with TV's and all but ended up just getting an RJ seat. Company vowed never to do that again. But we all know about airline promises.

There is nothing stopping them. I think the last 10 years shows there is nothing stopping anyone, union or not.

The only thing that protects "us" from management not going to a contract carrier to provide "regional/commuter/cheep" lift is upper management's OBSESSION with our service and BRAND. THEY ARE OBSESSED!!!!! Republic/Comair/ASA whoever will never be able to provide our product or service to our "customers" and our crew in the "head shed" know that...........but scope is being addressed as we speak for legal protection........MB is all over.......like a cheap suit.............

Latest resources

Back