• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pay increase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do we get COLA without a contract if the company doesn't want to give it to us?

Great Question. Even with a CBA you're not going to be able to force the company to give it. There seems to be a general problem understanding the difference between things that are causal and correlated........

The company looked at peer set average as a function of GTOW and not type. That means that we compare ourselves to similar airplanes such as the DC9, B717, 737-200's, etc.

The 190 is a mainline airplane now and a direct replacement for this size aircraft. As a former DC9 driver, I can tell you that it weighs more than a DC9-30, flies higher, faster, and farther, and should have payrates that reflect that.

USAir's rates are horrible and are a direct result of bankruptcy and a failure to merge senority lists, Republic's rates just suck, and this is not a pay for departure feeder type of operation for us.

Like I said, I'm happy for the new rates, but we were the launch customer, and therefore responsible for them being so low in the first place.

Didn't the information out the compensation committee say that the 190 were not set to industry standard? It was my understanding that only the 320 was set to industry standard and then the 190 was just set to 90% of that.

Essentially the 320 rates have remained unchanged since the big raise of 2001 that I was not here for. ?

Well, that's not true. my origional contract from 2005 shows 5th year 320 F/O as $71.90. The new rate is $91.55. Certainly more than a couple of percentage points.

Didn't the information out the compensation committee say that the 190 were not set to industry standard? It was my understanding that only the 320 was set to industry standard and then the 190 was just set to 90% of that.

That is correct. The 190 CA pay is 90% of the A320 CA rates and (allegedly) will remain that way going forward. By default that makes our 190 rates the industry standard.

Well, that's not true. my origional contract from 2005 shows 5th year 320 F/O as $71.90. The new rate is $91.55. Certainly more than a couple of percentage points.

Yes now it is. My point is for 8 years the rates have been pretty much the same. Any raise until now has been a shell game at best.

Latest resources

Back