• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue pay increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't read it that way. I thought they meant that 25% of all pilots use PTS in a given month, not that 25% of pilots use PTS every month. There's a big difference, and I don't know which is accurate. I think you're meant to assume that 25% of the pilots abuse the system, thus justifying their coming-from-left-field safety downgrade.

And for all those out there who think that complaining about JB's new pay scale is in bad taste: I'm willing to bet that you at least have a COLA even now to adjust your current rates for inflation. JB pilots have taken continuous pay cuts for seven years, even in the good times, and the hope was that we'd at least make the same as we did last year. Some do, some make more, and some make less. With the changes to PTO and reserve, this "raise" is cost neutral, meaning that overall we're still taking a continuous inflation-driven pay cut. Seven years of continuous pay cuts, folks.

Yes, that's better than losing our jobs, but that's not an either/or proposition. If the conditions are such that even keeping up with inflation is going to cause layoffs, we're already doomed.

The real disappointment comes with the pervasive message we've been getting that this time, *this time*, we'll take care of you and make things right. There were hundreds of man-hours of research done to determine where industry average is (the current downtrodden average), and this "raise" is already being spun as meeting that average, when it does nothing of the kind. It's the sheer insult to our collective intelligence that causes the anger, not that the pay raise itself falls short.

Well said. I agree completely. With the industry in the state it is in I wasn't expecting much. What I wanted was an aknowledgement that our PCRB report was valid and a timeline for fixing it. I'm an adult. I can handle bad news. What I will not tolerate is being treated like an idiot. That's why I'm pissed.

Last edited:
100% on the money Caveman. Don't tell me I'm paid industry average. Tell me the results of the PCRB are valid and when we make a profit you will address it in a proper way. Take your 4% and shove it.

Don't judge the mood at JetBlue from the 6 bitter toolbags that post on this site and Bluepilots. Those guys just need something to complain about. I think it's great that we got anything in this industry right now.

I prefer their attitude to yours. You seem like someone that's willing to just bend over and take whatever they "graciously" hand to you. Just because the rest of the industry is having problems doesn't mean that you are worth any less. Have some self-respect and demand what you deserve. Those new payrates aren't even close to what you deserve.

Actually I would love to make the PCRB 77 page results available to all pilot groups.. It was truly one of the most impressive industry alalysis that i have seen and on par with a document that would be presented to the chairman of a fortune 500 company.

Our PCRG labored to present the data and the company in my opinion did the best they could given current economic trends. It would have been fair for everyone to see an increase in my opinion. I would have happily sacrificed a portion of my 4% raise, ( 8% if your count longevity ) to see my brothers in other positions see an increase as well.

Latest resources

Back