• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue minimums clarification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A guy had offers from FedEx and SWA... but JB wouldn't talk to him... then there was a jb mechanic turned pilot who had zero PIC time and he got on...

Being a mechanic for the same airline you're applying to be a pilot for is a huge feather in one's cap, as it should be. Beats the ehck out of stuffing Jepps for a few months as an intern and jumping to the head of the line just because of that. And what kind of times this this pilot have that JB wouldn't consider him, yet SWA and FX would? All 1900 time I guess? I suppose those guys are left out in the cold because of our mins. Many extremely qualified pilots were excluded at AirTran when they came out with their 500 hours 121/mil PIC requirement, but all mins are arbitrary to some. I just hope the dark days of 300TT for the major airlines (you know, for some "qualified" applicants) are a thing of the past. THAT was BS of epic proportions.

I flew with that F.O./ Mechanic at another carrier. He was my F.O. on many trips. He is an outstanding person and was a very good dedicated pilot for relativley " low time ". He also put in quite a few years turning wrenches at JB and doing what he could for the company. I agree with you about the 1900 PIC time, but don't use this guy as an example. Every airline has these same kind of stories.

Any idea of what is going to change. Are they going to become stricter or do away with turbojet/20K MTOW one. God I hope thats the case.

Latest resources

Back