JetBlue minimums clarification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is it not right?

Jet and Turbo-prop is looked at differently because it IS different.

Because alot of people here have friends who have only flown the 1900, should the minimums be changed? And would the same folks have wanted the minimums changed back when their resume loaded with jet and heavy time was getting them an interview?

JetBlue's view on t-props will likely only change when they have trouble finding applicants. Until that time, why should they change it? They seem to be finding new-hires that they are pleased with.

When I was slogging around a 1900, I thought it was curious that JetBlue viewed a 1900 differently than an EMB-120 but that was their decision.

Sorry did not read the questions......thought he was asking if the time was good, not his only time.

B1900-3000T-PIC and it does not count?

Flying in the weather all day long, no auto pilot...and it does not count? Not what I heard but it should count if it does not.Why?

I feel your pain. In 2001 I was denied an interview because of the 20K weight requirement. At the time I had over 4500TT 2500PIC in the 1900. If I was hired in 2001 I would have been in the top 100.

3 years later (hoping it would relax by then but did not) I took a job flying CRJ's (FO) for 3 years to satisfy that requirement. Here I am. I agree it is bogus but that is the way it has been and looks like it will be.

Good luck guys!

Last edited:
mins

My point is you could have a jet fo that was from an accelerated course like san juan in farmington where they have their bare mins for their commercial ticket.

They sit in the right seat for 1000 hours and then go to JB because of the weight of the aircraft qualifies them at JB. No TPIC..... No JET PIC but they qualify for the jet b/c of it's weight.

I with 3000 hours of TPIC in the B1900 does not. The first time they make a big decision will be in the Left seat of a JB airbus.

How does that make any sense? Why would you give experience for weight of A/C and why even try to upgrade ever especially if you want to go to JB. Sure that's the way it is and I'm fine with that but it still makes no sense.

I agree it's frustrating... I have several Big Sky guys in my crashpad and asked Verna about it, no dice. It would be nice to try to help them out.... On the other hand we're really not hiring many guys with only right-seat time so your example isn't really holding water. (Not to mention by the time they see left seat of a JB Bus they'll probably have seven or eight years here).

I agree I think their is only a hand full of people with no TPIC time on property and I know (not trashing them just saying) CAL has a lot more FOs with no PIC Turb time.

My point is you could have a jet fo that was from an accelerated course like san juan in farmington where they have their bare mins for their commercial ticket.

They sit in the right seat for 1000 hours and then go to JB because of the weight of the aircraft qualifies them at JB. No TPIC..... No JET PIC but they qualify for the jet b/c of it's weight.

I with 3000 hours of TPIC in the B1900 does not. The first time they make a big decision will be in the Left seat of a JB airbus.

How does that make any sense? Why would you give experience for weight of A/C and why even try to upgrade ever especially if you want to go to JB. Sure that's the way it is and I'm fine with that but it still makes no sense.

While I understand what you're saying and appreciate the point you're trying to make, I just wanted to say that I'm very sure we've never hired a civillian pilot with 1300 hours total time, no turbine PIC time, etc. While I suppose our mins might technically allow that, while disallowing a highly qualified B-1900 Captain, I really don't think that's ever happened. I'm only aware of a few pilots hired without any turbine PIC, and every one I knew of had substantial total, turbine, jet, etc time far, far exceeding "legal mins" plus 1000 right seat in an RJ.

Again I'm not arguing that the B-1900 pilot you described shouldn't be given an opportunity, just that the mins are just that. Mins. Flight academy to RJ and one year later JetBlue just does not happen, even though I suppose in theory it could.

A guy had offers from FedEx and SWA... but JB wouldn't talk to him... then there was a jb mechanic turned pilot who had zero PIC time and he got on...

A guy had offers from FedEx and SWA... but JB wouldn't talk to him... then there was a jb mechanic turned pilot who had zero PIC time and he got on...

JB knew the mechanic, that's called human resources 101, been happening since the beginning of time.

Latest resources

Back