• Friendliest aviation community on the web

avratdwc

All,

can someone please clarify the below:

from the website:

1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff
weight) or 1000 hours in large jet-powered airplanes at or above 12,500

pounds (maximum takeoff weight)

What defines jet-powered in the eyes of JetBlue. Is it pure turbojet time or do all forms of turbine time, i.e. turboprop apply?

The reason I ask is I have 650 hrs in the Citation 560 series and 400 hrs in the B200's plus alot of PC12 time, yet that does not make 12,500 MTOW.

Looking forward to hearing the insight. Happy New Year to all.

Avrat

Joblu, yes, the PC12 is a Pilatus. Ru working for JB. I assume yes by your SN. What is your take on my original question.

Thanks,

Avrat

They look at jet time and turbo-prop time different. If you have 1900 time then it dosent count because of the weight, but ATR, DH-8 does. Jet time in a light jet (citation) does count because its greater then 12,500lbs.....So all your B-200 time will not count.

All,

Thanks for the insight. I will probably lob a call in anyways just to double check, who knows maybe I will catch the rite person. Kinda a pisser for my B200 time as its MTOW is 12.5. Oh well. Just getting stuck in a rock and a hard place trying to get out.

Happy New Year!!!

Avrat

jet blue

B1900-3000T-PIC and it does not count?

Flying in the weather all day long, no auto pilot...and it does not count? Not what I heard but it should count if it does not.Why?

Interview in April and got hired in the summer, had time in a 145, CE500 (not all the time over 12500) and about 250 hours in the B200 (the 1900 last I checked is more than 12500) and about 100 hours in a TBM 700 they asked me about all the experiences and what I thought about B200 and the 700......seemed happy that I had more then just one type of experience, that said I was currently flying the 145 as a captain.

So hopefully you will be fine.....Happy holidays

Interview in April and got hired in the summer, had time in a 145, CE500 (not all the time over 12500) and about 250 hours in the B200 (the 1900 last I checked is more than 12500) and about 100 hours in a TBM 700 they asked me about all the experiences and what I thought about B200 and the 700......seemed happy that I had more then just one type of experience, that said I was currently flying the 145 as a captain.

So hopefully you will be fine.....Happy holidays

1900 is over 12.5, but its a turbo-prop. Again Jet and Turbo-prop is looked at different. I agree that its not right.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back