• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 2nd interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, finally got the call today from Verna! Interviewed May 2 and she informed me today that my background checks had cleared and that I should expect a class date in September. Looking forward to it and good luck to the rest of those still waiting.

congrats!

Notorious,

These guys make a good point. This site IS read by many at JB. While I don't think a decision would be swayed one way or the other, it still does not look wonderful to get on a board like this and act like an a$$, especially when you are still waiting on the results of phase II.

If me getting hired by any airline is dependent on my rebuttal to a couple of "butt heads" on a message board, then the hiring and background checks for said airline is seriously flawed.

Longhorn, I've read and appreciate the information you have given myself and others concerning the process at Jet Blue. My attempt at humor and informing others based on my experience interviewing with B6 was totally misconstrued. But let it be known I'm not one for taking crap off of anyone be it a message board or any other form of communication or media. Sligo needs to get a pair.... If he plans on dishing it out, he better be able to take it tenfold.. I gave him opportunity to take the discussion in a different direction and he decided to continue in the dialogue and manner that has caused his slide into his current message board, social suicide. He started it, I finished it!!

Now back to my original post.... If you interview with B6, or any airline for that matter, make sure you KNOW what's on your medical, driving, criminal and PRIA records. There were a few individuals who were unsure about what was or was not on their background and they probably incriminated themselves for no reason.

Hope to join you guys there at Jet Blue!

Well, finally got the call today from Verna! Interviewed May 2 and she informed me today that my background checks had cleared and that I should expect a class date in September. Looking forward to it and good luck to the rest of those still waiting.

First of all, congrats to you...

I'm currently in phase 2 myself from June 8th. We were told we could expect classes in august or sept if selected, but it looks like they will be offered much later than that, based on how long it took you. Is that everyone from May? Can us June people start looking forward to calls?

First of all, congrats to you...

I'm currently in phase 2 myself from June 8th. We were told we could expect classes in august or sept if selected, but it looks like they will be offered much later than that, based on how long it took you. Is that everyone from May? Can us June people start looking forward to calls? Is anyone even reading this thread after N. P.I.G. sharted all over it?

Notorious,

What I said may have been taken personal, sorry it was not ment to be. It was ment to be a blanket statment since everyone here was starting to get "wiley" and the name calling had begun. My statement was to everyone that was acting innmature by fighting on a message board. Like I said, was a blanket statement, but I see since I used your name in the post, it may have been taken that way...sorry.

First of all, congrats and welcome to JetBlue. You're really going to like it here. You'll find that JetBlue is pretty much as advertised by the hiring folks. It's a good place to work.

I'm intrigued by your profile. Is it accurate and up to date? The numbers and experience seem on the low side. If that's the case, good for you. I'm just curious about it.

Last edited:
GOT THE CALL FROM VERNA TODAY!!!!! I will be in a class in Sept. Congrats to all who have been called and pm me if you'll be in a sept. class as well.

Good Luck to the rest of you guys who are still waiting.

Louie

Hey caveman,
I guess I haven't updated that since my Mesaba days. Oops. Presently an CL-65 captain for ZW with about 6000 tt and 1500 jet pic. Thanks for pointing that out though because those would be some very low qualifications.

Hey caveman,
I guess I haven't updated that since my Mesaba days. Oops. Presently an CL-65 captain for ZW with about 6000 tt and 1500 jet pic. Thanks for pointing that out though because those would be some very low qualifications.

That makes more sense. Like I said, if you did get hired with the other numbers that would be fine with me. I was just interested in finding out if our competitive minimums had dropped that much.

Welcome aboard. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Latest resources

Back