• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 2nd interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be very carefull in judging other pilots and their so called " background" and how squeky clean you are. Their are alot of good people and pilots that have been turned down by JB for other reasons than the background check. VK was probally laughing alright saying to her self what a pompus a**.

Just remember you never know which side of your house is made of glass. So be very carefull about throwing the first stone.

Calm down dude! Looks like somebody got up on the wrong side of the cockpit this morning. My point was making sure others completely checked their backgrounds. Now run along cause I serioulsy doubt you know what VK is thinking.

(Where do these idiots come from?)

Calm down dude! Looks like somebody got up on the wrong side of the cockpit this morning. My point was making sure others completely checked their backgrounds. Now run along cause I serioulsy doubt you know what VK is thinking.

You make a comment like that in an interview about your fellow pilots and applicants and you think he is an idiot?

Intriguing.

I would assume you are unfamiliar with Charles Cooley and his concept of the "looking glass self". Try wikipedia for a start.

Have a gander then go reread your post and let me know what you think. Or perhaps you are too obtuse for that sort of self-analysis.

Cheers.

Lear Flyer

At SWA the background check takes place after the Decision Board meets. The calls are made to those that pass the DB, but pending the background check. It is kind of in reverse order from JB. JB takes their time on the Background check, but you usually make it to class relatively soon after. All in all the timing is not that much different.

I was about to say someting myself, but Sligo beat me to it.

Consider that this is The Internet, and you never know who might be reading what you are writing...

You make a comment like that in an interview about your fellow pilots and applicants and you think he is an idiot?

Intriguing.

I would assume you are unfamiliar with Charles Cooley and his concept of the "looking glass self". Try wikipedia for a start.

Cheers.

ROFLMAO! Sorry but I didn't finish reading the rest of your post. I got to word Wikipedia and realized anyone using Wikipedia as a "reliable" source should have their head examined.

Cheers!!

Last edited:
At SWA the background check takes place after the Decision Board meets. The calls are made to those that pass the DB, but pending the background check. It is kind of in reverse order from JB. JB takes their time on the Background check, but you usually make it to class relatively soon after. All in all the timing is not that much different.

True, true!

ROFLMAO! Sorry but I didn't finish reading the rest of your post. I got to word Wikipedia and realized anyone using Wikipedia as a "reliable" source should have their head examined.

Cheers!!

Wikipedia is not a source. It is a great tool for hyperlinks to sources. I assume you know that. As for reliable, it is hard to ignore statements of fact of sociologigal principles pioneered by astute observers of human behavior.

Obviously the point is you may be somewhat mistaken in your perception of yourself as confident and witty. More than one of us thought you came across as a condescending, self-indulgent if not somewhat narcissitic horse's ass.

But hey what do we know? This is flight info.

By the way, best of luck with that interview you had. Targeted interviewing usually works out real well for guys with attitudes like yours.

Perhaps you would be more comfy with a reference from the American Sociological Association:

http://www.asanet.org/page.ww?name=Charles+H.+Cooley&section=Presidents

How about a simple Columbia Encylopedia entry:

Cooley, Charles Horton, 1864–1929, American sociologist, b. Ann Arbor, Mich., grad. Univ. of Michigan (B.A., 1887; Ph.D., 1894); son of Thomas M. Cooley. He taught in the sociology department at the Univ. of Michigan after 1892, although his degree was in economics. Cooley's major contribution to the field of sociology was his idea of the “looking-glass self” (a concept that emphasizes the social determination of the self) and primary groups—e.g., the family, the play group, or the neighborhood. He wrote Human Nature and the Social Order (1902, rev. ed. 1922), Social Organization (1909), Social Process (1918), and Sociological Theory and Social Research (1930).

Last edited:
Wikipedia is not a source. It is a great tool for hyperlinks to sources. I assume you know that. As for reliable, it is hard to ignore statements of fact of sociologigal principles pioneered by astute observers of human behavior. It's Wikipedia, the most mislead and misread place on the internet... LOL!!

Obviously the point is you may be somewhat mistaken in your perception of yourself as confident and witty. More than one of us thought you came across as a condescending, self-indulgent if not somewhat narcissitic horse's ass. Maybe you two or three should get a room and comfort each other.

But hey what do we know? This is flight info. Probably the most intelligent comment you've made yet. There is a God!

By the way, best of luck with that interview you had. Targeted interviewing usually works out real well for guys with attitudes like yours. You're the one with your panties in a wad. Hope you're not interviewing anytime soon. LOL!!

Perhaps you would be more comfy with a reference from the American Sociological Association:

http://www.asanet.org/page.ww?name=Charles+H.+Cooley&section=Presidents

How about a simple Columbia Encylopedia entry:

Cooley, Charles Horton, 1864–1929, American sociologist, ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... son of Thomas M. Cooley. He taught ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz after 1892, although his degree was in economics. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the social determination of the self) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz.........(1902, rev. ed. 1922), Social Organization (1909), Social Process (1918), ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry! I even tried drinking coffee AND taking No-Doze before reading your little Wikipedia dissertation. It Didn't help.

Your a real Tool but I'm sure it's not the first time you've been told that-Notorious. Did you really expect to put up that post yesterday and not have any comments? I hope your not as big of a jerk as you make yourself out to be on this site.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back