• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 2nd interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still waiting from May 2, the visits to the mailbox are getting more and more difficult, and know I have to keep an eye out for the FedEx truck :) I am hoping for the call instead.

Bueller?

still waiting myself, either way it would be nice to know soon. week 9 for me now...

Got the letter today, via FedEx. Good luck to those of you who are still in.

I interviewed on June 8th and got an email saying I was selected for Phase 2 on June 15th. What's the time frame after being notified of Phase 2, until the phone call saying you're "drinking the blue juice" or a letter telling you you're no longer part of the selection process?

In the phase 2 email I received, they said it might take up to 8 - 12 weeks to complete the background check and come up with a decision. I'm in week 10 with no further response; others have been waiting longer (and some Phase II'ers from my interview group on May 2nd have already been either accepted or let go). All I can say is be patient -- it's probably going to take a while!

In the phase 2 email I received, they said it might take up to 8 - 12 weeks to complete the background check and come up with a decision. I'm in week 10 with no further response; others have been waiting longer (and some Phase II'ers from my interview group on May 2nd have already been either accepted or let go). All I can say is be patient -- it's probably going to take a while!

I got the 2nd Phase Email on June 15th so it's been right at 4 weeks for me.
I noticed in the interview process when everyone was handing in the form asking if there was anything in your background Jet Blue needed to know about, there were some forms turned in with PARAGRAPHS of "one time back in..." or I was arrested....." My form was blank, Verna asked if I had completed the form, was there anything in my past? I smiled and told her something like, "Nope I'm squeaky clean AND in the minority from the looks of things." She laughed and said "OK!" I'd love to get my hands on those forms and write a book. Check your PRIA, arrest and driving records before interviewing or even applying. Glad I did!!

Notorious PIC

Be very carefull in judging other pilots and their so called " background" and how squeky clean you are. Their are alot of good people and pilots that have been turned down by JB for other reasons than the background check. VK was probally laughing alright saying to her self what a pompus a**.

Just remember you never know which side of your house is made of glass. So be very carefull about throwing the first stone.

Is every airline this particular about ones past? or is it just JB. maybe it seems worse because it takes a little longer than SWA, etc to complete the background.

Latest resources

Back