• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 16, 17 Interveiw Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did I understand you to say that they are having an OCT class for the 320? Or were you referring to the 190 having a class in Oct.?

Seniority number is extreamly important, quaility of family life has to come first though for alot of us. Most of us have been chasing this career for many years, and have put it first, at some point we have to say ok we need to change the priority to our family and take the couple number hit with seniority and hope for the best.

lahyatt said:
Did I understand you to say that they are having an OCT class for the 320? Or were you referring to the 190 having a class in Oct.?

Seniority number is extreamly important, quaility of family life has to come first though for alot of us. Most of us have been chasing this career for many years, and have put it first, at some point we have to say ok we need to change the priority to our family and take the couple number hit with seniority and hope for the best.

No, Bernice said they would fill the 190 Oct classes and have an idea on how many and how big the Nov 320 classes would be. This was also the first career related decision that I made to put my family first. To take the 190, I would have had to send my wife to work almost full-time and hire some sort of a nanny to watch the kids since I will be commuting. I've tried my best to keep my expenses low, but as you get older and have more kids, the car has got to be bigger, the house has got to be bigger, and the bills inevitably get bigger. I've worked for 30K per year a few too many years in this career to do it again. Like I said earlier, I was well aware of the 190 pay and didn't expect it to ever be a choice I would make. With the slowdown in 320's however, I actually considered it when I saw the seniority hit I would take. Tough choice, but I'm content with what I did. Hope to see you in Nov!!

I'd trade seniority numbers with a guy a month behind me for the right price. Say ... $40,000.

I just talked with Bernice today and it looks like I'll be in the Sept. 13 190 class with Grommet and masterofpuppets! See you in Orlando!

O-Weone Unabe.....Congrats and Welcome!!! Enjoy MCO.

Well I got a called today change of plans I will be attending the Sept 13 airbus class. The phone call came as a huge surprise, but I am rearranging life to make it work. See you guys there

lahyatt---AWESOME!!!

This means that all March guys are out of the pool. Hopefully they will add a few more May guys into that class. Good luck!!

Just an update for what I heard about classes for those who are waiting for the a320---- spoke to Bernice yesterday and she said they are going to run a class of 10 in Oct. But that will be the last one run for the year. Hopefully that won't hold true for those still waiting for a class date.

lahyatt said:
Just an update for what I heard about classes for those who are waiting for the a320---- spoke to Bernice yesterday and she said they are going to run a class of 10 in Oct. But that will be the last one run for the year. Hopefully that won't hold true for those still waiting for a class date.

Hmmmmm. It seems like things change often for the 320. I talked to Bernice about a week ago and she said nothing in Oct and two in Nov with one in Dec. Things must be very fluid with the 320 staffing or they are being vague so guys will take the 190. Hopefully we will see one in Oct and a couple in Nov with another in Dec. Remember they were saying they were not going to run classes in Aug or Sep either.

Latest resources

Back