• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 16, 17 Interveiw Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, it has nothing to do with other airlines and comparing them. $138 an hour for an A320 capt after 12 YEARS is pathetic anywhere. If you are fine with it, that's your opinion. I think it's low and pathetic.

Longhorn said:
Before you start calling our 320 rates pathetic, you should look at the rates of United, NWA and America West. NWA's 320 rates were lower to our before their recent pay cuts, America West we are higher than and the same thing as United. Then, you add the 150% above 70 hours and you are looking at $207.93/hr.

NWA 137/hr at 12 years
United 131/hr at 12 years
USAir/America West 125 at 16 years

Yes, our 190 rates are low but the 320 rates are not low at all comparitivly speaking

jointops said:
Dean Melonas himself has said repeatedly, he too keeps abreast of this board. He's even called me jointops instead of my own name. ,

Cool, maybe he will pass it on to the CEO that the pilot pay at JetBlue (and every other airline at that except maybe SWA) is pathetic and you will all get a raise.

:)

Last edited:
jointops said:
Hey Albie,

As usual, I always appreciate your insightful comments! As you know, I usually lurk and seldom post. Unless I have a unique take on an issue or insight others might not have (and lets face it, I never have inside gouge), I keep my comments to myself.

However, I will add to Albie's post. Dean Melonas himself has said repeatedly, he too keeps abreast of this board. He's even called me jointops instead of my own name. Shocked me that he was that informed. Of course, I was relieved to know I never post inappropriately. Unless it's in response to Flipper.

Happy landings,

Who cares!

Verna found my e-mail address. Hooray! Now I just have to wait (according to the e-mail) 8-12 weeks to see if I make it through Phasae 2

Pilottodd2 said:
I'm out. Didn't make it. Good luck to everyone else..

Pilottodd2,

Sorry to hear that. This continues to be a hard industry to figure out, and the hiring process is no different.

I'm sure everyone still waiting appreciates your professional post, as I know this was very disappointing for you.

Good luck to you. As my wife has reminded me on several occasions, things happen for a reason.

DW

nope. Not me either.

Probably best for all involved.

I'm in guys. I interviewed on the 16th and got the Phase II e-mail today! Hopefully I'll make it into the pool in the next 8-12 weeks. That was the best e-mail I've got since e-mail has been around!!! Now I've just got to find something to do to maintain my sanity until I get a call from Verna. I'm also thinking of finding a way to keep any FedEx trucks out of my neighborhood.

Congrats to those who got the good news, and sorry to you guys who got the bad news.

Would someone please enlighten me on the interview process, specifically what phase 1 and 2 is? Thanks!

Latest resources

Back