• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 16, 17 Interveiw Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those who aren't going to phase 2, I've been there, and I know it's not fun. Keep trying, and opportunities will happen. You are better off being through this experience than not interviewing.

I am excited and very happy to make it to phase 2. I look forward to meeting many of you at jetBlue U.

For those wondering about the experience, JetBlue treated us very well. Better in fact than any other airline that I've interviewed at or that I know of. This airline is about people. The success of this airline will truly be because of the people and the culture. They will ask you questions about past experience mostly about interactions with others. To prepare it is best to recall some of your challenging situations with others and the respective outcomes.

52560 said:
Congrats to those who got the good news, and sorry to you guys who got the bad news.

Would someone please enlighten me on the interview process, specifically what phase 1 and 2 is? Thanks!

Phase I is the interview in NY. You talk to a couple of pilots and a person from the "People Dept.".

If that goes well, you get an email within a week telling you that you have moved on to Phase II which is a background check and PHC review. If the BG check goes well, your final application package is presented to the PHC (Pilot Hiring Committee) who makes the final decision.

From the time you interview until you get a job offer can be 2 to 3 months.

I also had a pre-screening telephone interview, but I don't know if they do that anymore. Haven't heard much talk about it.

The process varies, but that is roughly how it works. No sim ride or medical exam. Must have a current class I medical, Passport, and an uptodate logbook.

Probably the easiest (is that a word?) interview out there right now, other than the Phase II wait.

The hard part is getting the interview in the first place.

DW

Last edited:
Truckdriver,

I remember reading a post a month or so ago that had the numbers 80 out of 86 made it through phase 2. I don't know how many they started with or what percentage of the phase 1 graduates that included, but the general consensus is that it is a high percentage that make it through. There are folks that got turned down and have no idea why (see Capt Dad on the Mar 8 interview thread). I'm keeping the faith. I hope to see you in class in December (or sooner)!

As long as you didn't lie on your application your chances are great. Ohhh yah, your name will also be posted on the chief pilots office so the current pilots can see who is in Phase II and make sure they are capable of drinking the blue juce.
Phase II can take 10 weeks. It all depends on how fast your background check goes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back