jetBlue, I'm ready for a union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2dogs....the eternal pessimist.

All this talk about unions has got me spun up. I personally think unions have outlived their usefullness. I like what SWA and AirTran do. If I'm not mistaken, they have a "pilot group"....which has a leader and represents their issues. That's the key...someone leading you and representing "your" interests/issues, not a convoluded group that doesn't always speak for the group. I think the management at these companies listens to what their "pilot group" is saying....because they respect them.

"Kill something everyday, no matter how small or insignificant, just to maintain proficiency."

Cheers.

Breeze said:
2dogs....the eternal pessimist.

All this talk about unions has got me spun up. I personally think unions have outlived their usefullness. I like what SWA and AirTran do.
Both SWA and Airtran have unions, so I guess that means you like unions, but you don't realize it yet.

FDJ2 said:
Both SWA and Airtran have unions, so I guess that means you like unions, but you don't realize it yet.
Why does everyone on this forum have to be so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** literal. He didn't say SWA and Airtran don't have unions!!!!! He said that he likes what they do.

Lighten up people....(yea, you too TonyC).

Sorry FDJ, I had to vent it out. Nothing personal

jetblue320 said:
Why does everyone on this forum have to be so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** literal. He didn't say SWA and Airtran don't have unions!!!!! He said that he likes what they do.

Lighten up people....(yea, you too TonyC).

Yeah, right.

The guy obviuosly is misinformed, and FDJ2 was enlightening him. You should take more time to read before you preach.

Let me help:

Breeze said: "I personally think unions have outlived their usefullness."

Everyone can agree that this is clearly a statement of anti-union sentiment. If Breeze think unions have outlived their usefulness, it is fair to assume he opposes unions. Enter the very next sentences where he approves of the arrangement at SWA and AirTran:

"I like what SWA and AirTran do. If I'm not mistaken, they have a 'pilot group'....which has a leader and represents their issues."

He likes what they have, but he is obviously mistaken. The "pilot group" which has a leader and represents their issues is a union!

Enter FDJ2 who attempts to correct Breeze's misconception. What did he say that merited your so-called venting? And exactly what about being literal upsets you?

Again I say, you should get that knee looked at.

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
Yeah, right.

The guy obviuosly is misinformed, and FDJ2 was enlightening him. You should take more time to read before you preach.

Let me help:

Breeze said: "I personally think unions have outlived their usefullness."

Everyone can agree that this is clearly a statement of anti-union sentiment. If Breeze think unions have outlived their usefulness, it is fair to assume he opposes unions. Enter the very next sentences where he approves of the arrangement at SWA and AirTran:

"I like what SWA and AirTran do. If I'm not mistaken, they have a 'pilot group'....which has a leader and represents their issues."

He likes what they have, but he is obviously mistaken. The "pilot group" which has a leader and represents their issues is a union!

Enter FDJ2 who attempts to correct Breeze's misconception. What did he say that merited your so-called venting? And exactly what about being literal upsets you?

Again I say, you should get that knee looked at.

:rolleyes:
You just don't give up do you? FedEx gettin' to ya? Gets kinda lonely up in your ivory tower?

Shot a near par game today....how's that for a knee jerk reaction!!! Knee is doing just fine...but thanks for asking...didn't know you cared about anything other than unions.

Last edited:
jetblue320 said:
You just don't give up do you? FedEx gettin' to ya? Gets kinda lonely up in your ivory tower?

Shot a near par game today....how's that for a knee jerk reaction!!! Knee is doing just fine...but thanks for asking...didn't know you cared about anything other than unions.
You're doin' a swell job on the "duck and run" move, too.

Maybe I was wrong about the knee malady; perhaps it's a skin issue. Maybe a good dermatoligist could identify the irritation under your skin.

:)

TonyC said:
You're doin' a swell job on the "duck and run" move, too.

Maybe I was wrong about the knee malady; perhaps it's a skin issue. Maybe a good dermatoligist could identify the irritation under your skin.

:)
Naw, it's too late for that. Tan was good in the 70's remember? Now it's called melanoma. Too much golf and island life. Maybe that could help you out, the island life that is! I guess this means we've made up? Seriously, it's all just in good fun like with me and General Lee. If not, sorry to ruffle your feathers.

C yaaa

jetblue320 said:
I guess this means we've made up? Seriously, it's all just in good fun like with me and General Lee. If not, sorry to ruffle your feathers.

C yaaa
How about a group hug?!

jetblue320 said:
No problem, it just seemed like the lad didn't realize that both SWA and Airtran have union negotiated collective bargaining agreements. I wonder why that is.;)

Latest resources

Back