jetBlue, I'm ready for a union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jumpseater

As a new hire I remember David standing up and telling us this company won't be built on the backs of labor. Well I feel like I just got fitted for my backpack. Medical premiums up a lot, benifits down a lot. I,m on a trip so I have not seen the plan at my hous but I read an FA's and talked to a mechanic about it. My current plan, which was to expensive to begin with, was $92 a pay check. The new plan will go up around $40 dollars per pay check. Almost $300 a month. Thats a car payment. We will no longer have co-pays, we now pay the first $500 for service recieved and 10% there after. This will cost my family of 4 a lot. This in conjunction with our lack of a COLA has pushed me over the edge. It is time for the senior guys to stop making excuses for management and look at this for what it is. I don't want ALPA, but want to know where I can vote yes. This is a load of $hit.

Not to butt in too much but I have heard from a friend that is a pilot there that there is a requirement to sign a five-year agreement before you begin training? And that this "contract" may not be renewed by management after thr five-year term without cause?

I never got the facts but I'm sure you know more than I do. Can you explain?

Thanks.

Mike.

Jumpseater said:
As a new hire I remember David standing up and telling us this company won't be built on the backs of labor. Well I feel like I just got fitted for my backpack. Medical premiums up a lot, benifits down a lot. I,m on a trip so I have not seen the plan at my hous but I read an FA's and talked to a mechanic about it. My current plan, which was to expensive to begin with, was $92 a pay check. The new plan will go up around $40 dollars per pay check. Almost $300 a month. Thats a car payment. We will no longer have co-pays, we now pay the first $500 for service recieved and 10% there after. This will cost my family of 4 a lot. This in conjunction with our lack of a COLA has pushed me over the edge. It is time for the senior guys to stop making excuses for management and look at this for what it is. I don't want ALPA, but want to know where I can vote yes. This is a load of $hit.
Do US and yourself a favor......before you VENT on Flightinfo.com, look a little closer when you have time and are not on a trip. And do YOURSELF a favor at the same time and don't give too much creedence to what a mechanic and an FA have to say and make up your own mind. I am sure their perspective is a bit different than yours. And if after you have given it a better "look see", and you're still pissed, then rant away here, you'll get a lot of sympathy from the masses.

C yaaa

P.S. I am a "senior guy" and it's not an excuse....just trying to get you to look at both sides of the coin.

Really

Last edited:
Cappy said:
Not to butt in too much but I have heard from a friend that is a pilot there that there is a requirement to sign a five-year agreement before you begin training? And that this "contract" may not be renewed by management after thr five-year term without cause?

I never got the facts but I'm sure you know more than I do. Can you explain?

Thanks.

Mike.

Paaaaleeezzeee...not the contract thingy again. Maybe you are new here but this subject has more than been beaten to death. Yes, there is a contract, yes, they can fire us at will, yes, no one has been fired at the five year point for no reason.....lalalalala...yada yada yada....

Flame away gang....................

Done

;)

jetBlue320, what will a more carefull "look see" show once I get home. Lots of people on this board are considering B6. Why don't you make sure they come in with their eyes open, show them why I'm wrong. I'm also not giving credance to what a FA says I'm reading The Company Publication that I assume is the same one waiting at home for me. My wife is gone visiting family or I would be able to confirm that I have one as well. This publication talks about Pilot loss of licences insurance so I am fairly confident it applies to us. If it doesn't please correct me, if I'm right I'm sure you will step back and let me get the sympathy you say I'm looking for on this board.

Last edited:
JetBlue has not been around for 5 years, yet. So you all may be fired soon?

Latest resources

Back