Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue fails to meet expectations, or explain why, again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can any of the Blue guys provide a percentage increase on the pay?

Also, I think your time and a half went from 70 hours to now to 78 hours. What's the effect on the senior pilots?

Thanks in advance.

AA767AV8TOR

I'll repost this:

WOW...we're now average. That's great after 10 years in business our payrates are AVERAGE.

However we are still below average in:
-retirement
-ltd
-health care on ltd
-work rules
-scope

This is a step in the right direction but we have a long way to go Spectre.

Hi Dude
I get it you are a die hard Union guy. Fact is, JB management and the PVC achieved something you and all the other die hards would have never considered porssible without a CBA.
Blueside, the only reason this is happening is because of the JBPA drive. You need to get on your knees and worship the efforts of those guys so that your sorry a$$ could get a raise.

Hi Dude
I get it you are a die hard Union guy. Fact is, JB management and the PVC achieved something you and all the other die hards would have never considered porssible without a CBA.

Never considered possible? Changing rates is the easy part. It's been done many times before and it'll be done again, with or without a CBA.

Die hard? Me? You've got me confused with someone else. I simply want an option that gets the job done, and nobody has demonstrated that fixing some of the items I mentioned is even possible outside of a CBA. So what about the other items I mentioned? How would you fix them without a union, or do these things not concern you?

Never considered possible? Changing rates is the easy part. It's been done many times before and it'll be done again, with or without a CBA.

Die hard? Me? You've got me confused with someone else. I simply want an option that gets the job done, and nobody has demonstrated that fixing some of the items I mentioned is even possible outside of a CBA. So what about the other items I mentioned? How would you fix them without a union, or do these things not concern you?

All I am saying the PVC and Management have made progress will continue making porgress. What they have accomplished in record time it encouraging. I am sure other improvements will follow.

Blueside, the only reason this is happening is because of the JBPA drive. You need to get on your knees and worship the efforts of those guys so that your sorry a$$ could get a raise.

Hi Brainhurts,
I blieve it was me that posted here on the board during the JBPA drive. That the prospects of a Union on property is a much more powerful negotiation tool than actually having a Union.
That being said thanks for the Union drive and thanks to all that did not vote.

All I am saying the PVC and Management have made progress will continue making porgress. What they have accomplished in record time it encouraging. I am sure other improvements will follow.

Don't get me wrong. My inner math geek is thrilled that we finally have a comprehensive pay scale framework that's easily adjustable and quite comparable to our peers. I'm especially thrilled that the E190 guys are getting the pay they deserve. Maybe it will put to rest the have/have not complaints. We'll all be in the together for the first time since the pay scale was so shamefully split in 2004.

But as I said, the pay is the easy part. There are no legal hurdles to clear and you can change them at any time. If you'll read the meeting minutes, it's plain that for some of the tougher items, nobody even knows where to start, much less knows when to expect actual results. Outside of a CBA, most avenues are closed to us since they're just plain illegal, no matter how willing management is to accommodate us. That's why I say that putting away the union option no matter what may be very short sighted.

I'm with Blue Dude

Although I'm very happy to see the pay rates go up to average (for me about a 32% increase), we still have a long way to go.

I'm honestly thankful and happy with what the CBC guys did, I think it was a great start, but as has been stated, we still have a long way to go in so many other areas.

And, as the Midex guys can attest, without scope, none of this really means anything. I would like that to be the next big issue followed by the LTD, STD and insurance issues.

Thanks again to the CBC guys, round one is over, there are a few rounds left, and I still plan on voting for a union at this point.

Although I'm very happy to see the pay rates go up to average (for me about a 32% increase), we still have a long way to go.

I'm honestly thankful and happy with what the CBC guys did, I think it was a great start, but as has been stated, we still have a long way to go in so many other areas.

And, as the Midex guys can attest, without scope, none of this really means anything. I would like that to be the next big issue followed by the LTD, STD and insurance issues.

Thanks again to the CBC guys, round one is over, there are a few rounds left, and I still plan on voting for a union at this point.

I agree. Good job so far, but more needs to be done. Kudos to the company also for meeting us half way. They said they would and they did. Despite the good work done so far I will still vote for a CBA unless we can find a legal solution to scope, LOL/STD and retirement.

Latest resources

Back