• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue emergency landing (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Watching it also - the nose gear looks like it is turned completely sideways...good luck to the crew. CNN is interviewing Al Haynes...he is such a good person to listen to - very calming...

They COULD send a jeep out on the runway, do a fly-by, and straighten that wheel out!!

cforst513 said:
145 pax, getting ready to make an emergency landing at LAX, apparently. news said that they cannot dump fuel, as was mentioned earlier, so they are trying to burn some fuel off. is this true? i though all large a/c like that could jettison fuel.

Where's Miles O'Brien when we need him?

CNN losers report

CNN reports the FO was caught on 121.5 crying for his mommy to make it all stop.
He said, i never wanted to fly the big pwayne but you made me!!! Bet he wishes he hadn't been a polygamist now!!!

Also, French TV is reporting that if they had only bought AMERICAN products, this would never have happened.

AMAZING!

Guess there will be a loss at JBLU now for SURE.

God Speed yall.

Flight 292............

Hi,
The two pilots are well-experienced, level-headed individuals who will do a great job on getting this aircraft safely on the ground. They are both freinds of mine who I've known for many years. Keeping it on the centerline is going to be the hardest thing with that nosewheel at a 90 degree angle.
This scenario happened a few years ago at JFK and it turned out well. In fact, the crew was able to keep the nosewheel on the centerline. The nosegear didn't collapse and there was not a fire or an evacuation. The CFR folks at JFK did a great job, as did the flight crew, in that situation.
The CFR (crash fire rescue) folks at LAX are now faced with the same situation.
With longer runways and the larger CFR department at LAX....it made good sense to go there to put this bird safely back on the ground.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to our fellow crewmembers and customers on this flights. Let's hope for a safe outcome.

BBD

cjs said:
Edit:

Has anyone heard JB292 on approach or seen it on passur?

Cannot find the plane on passur, yet the controller on liveatc.net mentioned "because of the jet blue thing" - did not catch the whole transmission.

Texasskicker said:
CNN reports the FO was caught on 121.5 crying for his mommy to make it all stop.
He said, i never wanted to fly the big pwayne but you made me!!! Bet he wishes he hadn't been a polygamist now!!!

Also, French TV is reporting that if they had only bought AMERICAN products, this would never have happened.

AMAZING!

Guess there will be a loss at JBLU now for SURE.

God Speed yall.

Your name wouldn't happen to be RICHARD, would it?

Gulfstream 200 said:
They COULD send a jeep out on the runway, do a fly-by, and straighten that wheel out!!

Are you volenteering. I'll get some beer you go get the Jeep. Who's driving?

Good luck Jet Blue. Hoping for just a televised non-event.

Appch just reported 10-15 minutes before they're on the ground and they're anticipating "not good results" .. whatever that means.

Latest resources

Back