Jetblue EMB rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neil Eubich said:
I'd take it even one step further Mickey......it's not even to get the seniority number because the difference is only about a month between the two. The REAL reason guys are taking the 190 over the bus is because the upgrade for a guy hired today into the 320 is going to be around 4 years, just to sit on reserve for 18-24 monts. The upgrade to capt on the 190 is around 12-13 months, and the guys are going to make more $$ and have much better QOL schedule-wise on the 190 as a Capt then they will as a FO on the bus.

Ok. How many guys have upgraded from 190 FO to Capt. on the 190?

MickeySlapnutz said:
Yes....all the majors were hiring when JB scheduled the raise.

I am pretty sure that the pay raise was in Oct 2001. Plenty of majors were furloughing there. Don't know of any who were continuing to hire.

Mike

MickeySlapnutz said:

Hmm, let's see, the first FO's started in August, and now it is 5 months later in January. Since upgrades will be around a year, the senior FO has not yet upgraded. I just flew with one of the most senior FO's and he is looking forward to a July-August upgrade, right on schedule.

Skirt

skirt said:
Hmm, let's see, the first FO's started in August, and now it is 5 months later in January. Since upgrades will be around a year, the senior FO has not yet upgraded. I just flew with one of the most senior FO's and he is looking forward to a July-August upgrade, right on schedule.

Skirt

So the answer is 0.

MickeySlapnutz said:

Well, since the first 190 FO was just trained a few months ago and I said the upgrade to 190 CA was about 12-13 month, you do the math......

Neil Eubich said:
I'd take it even one step further Mickey......it's not even to get the seniority number because the difference is only about a month between the two. The REAL reason guys are taking the 190 over the bus is because the upgrade for a guy hired today into the 320 is going to be around 4 years, just to sit on reserve for 18-24 monts. The upgrade to capt on the 190 is around 12-13 months, and the guys are going to make more $$ and have much better QOL schedule-wise on the 190 as a Capt then they will as a FO on the bus.
That doesn't say much about the rates or the quality of life on the Bus then.

FJ

Falconjet said:

FJ

ill chime in on this.....2 months on reserve, and 200 and change from upgrade on the bus due to the 2 year fence on the 190. i figure possibly a 1 1/2 to 2 year upgrade on the bus now. my qol on the bus is great!

Falconjet said:

FJ

What do you mean......my point is that you can make a lot more money and have a better schedule sooner if you take the 190 as opposed to staying on the bus as a FO. I'm not saying the quality of life or the $$ is bad as a 320 FO, just that your seniority will be better quicker and you are paid more and can stay as a 190 CA until you're ready for the 320 CA upgrade, either at first opportunity, wait until you can hold a line, etc......buy I suspect I didn't need to explain that to you and that you just wanted a chance to take a little dig at JB.....again.....

That Guy said:
Yes, and the point?

You have quite a bit of empty space below your messages...is that intentional?

The point being the upgrade time may or may not be short. Until someone actually does upgrade from FO to CA its all speculation. Anything can happen.

Latest resources

Back