• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue EMB rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, since you are in the know, what did he make last year?

The information I have is what I have seen from years past. If he has taken a paycut, it is news to me.

Hell, the office manager there makes 300K a year....I doubt that DW makes LESS.

A350

A350 said:
OK, since you are in the know, what did he make last year?

I don't know what he made last year. I haven't seen his W-2 (just like I haven't seen yours).

A350 said:
The information I have is what I have seen from years past. If he has taken a paycut, it is news to me.

Where have you seen his exact pay information? I'm sure it is available somewhere but where have you seen it?

What I do know, however, is that his pay is reset every year determined off of a methodology that is based off of the highest rates at several airlines in ALPA. So if those rates have gone south, so has his pay. And with all of the concessionary bargaining as of late, his pay has and should go down. That said, he is the head of a national union representing 66,000 pilots. He is going to have some benefits and perks that the average line pilot doesn't...just like he has made certain sacrifices that the line pilot hasn't...and he is also doing a job that isn't a line pilot job. Some will never be able to accept that a politician and leader will make more than the average line pilot.

A350 said:
Hell, the office manager there makes 300K a year....I doubt that DW makes LESS.

"Office manager?" You mean the person that answers the phones and orders the office supplies? Or do you mean the person at ALPA that has the equivalent of the Chief Operating Officer position at a multi-hundred million dollar company? Because that is what ALPA is...it is a large organization, like it or not.

-Neal

clickclickboom said:
Dude dont get bent just look at this guys profile:

His calls himself capnbob and talks about his 928s4 a car that even in the 80's was ugly as hell

His avatar is superman

his lists every large jet that he has flown except the concorde because he soloed that one so it doesnt count!

If he is the big capnbob superpilot old porsche driving from when he still had hair 6 figure megapilot he wouldn't be posting in reply to your message now would he?

clickclickboom,

This may be few days late, but certainly deserves a reply.

First of all, where do you get off bashing capnbob's avatar and qualifications? You're credibility is quickly going to zero. He was simply stating the facts. Whoever said "$100,000" was totally exagerating and possibly drinking a little kool-aid too. That's fine though, we all do it sometimes. And, not that you care, but I do know capnbob, and there is no other pilot I know of that is as professional and skilled as he. Most who have worked with him will agree. Also, since you seem to be interested in his physical qualities as well...yes, he still has hair and could probably take you in two. So, even though you don't agree with his math for some reason.....just grow up a little.

MercuryPilot said:
Puke Boy,

3%

We'll find out sometime in February/March.

Of course they did. Specifically, premiums are up slightly and the deductible we're responsible for stayed the same.

How about where you work? Remember, no excuses...

3%....Ok...kinda low, but at least its something.

Word on the street is JB has said there would be no profit sharing this year. So I think you dodged that question rather poorly.

Premiums are up eh? From 05 to 06? How bout the big jump you guys had from
04 to 05? Heard that was a nasty increase.

All in all....JB is paying RJ wages to fly the 190 (when it gets off gate) and sticking it to its junior pilots. Skirt can talk all she wants about "the needs of the pilot" (which she edited out of her post later....I think because someone in upper management told her to) but it comes down to this....the pay is low for the job being done. The pilots who opt to fly it don't want to give up seniority to wait for the bus. I'd do the same in that situation. But lets be clear....its not for the pay on the 190. Its to get a number on the seniority list.

holdon said:
While I agree with Skirt, I certainly don't agree with the pay rates. However, I do have every belief that our management will "do the right thing" and adjust the pay rates when the A/C proves itself. When? Who knows. My guess is (I hope I'm wrong and it's sooner)....but somewhere in the next 14-18 months. As the upgrade time gets longer on the 190 we are going to have to pay higher rates to keep classes filled.
As you've heard a few times the 320 paid pretty low wages (relative) when it was launched. I think our management team has a pretty logical approach to how they deal with business decisions like these. " We don't want to promise something and have to take it away (ie.pay) We would rather have it on property, make sure it does what it's supposed to do, then spread the rewards"

As of right now, it's still going through some growing pains but quickly becoming a great airplane for the mission it was designed. Time will tell but I do believe there are hundreds of markets this Airplane will do well in and generate some great revenue for the bottom line.

Last I checked the A320 was not launched by Jetblue. UAL,AWA,NWA and many others had flown the aircraft profitably for years. So I disagree with your argument on why the pay on the A320 was raised. Any chance they had to raise it to get folks to stop going to other airlines? Just a question.

MickeySlapnutz said:
But lets be clear....its not for the pay on the 190. Its to get a number on the seniority list.

I'd take it even one step further Mickey......it's not even to get the seniority number because the difference is only about a month between the two. The REAL reason guys are taking the 190 over the bus is because the upgrade for a guy hired today into the 320 is going to be around 4 years, just to sit on reserve for 18-24 monts. The upgrade to capt on the 190 is around 12-13 months, and the guys are going to make more $$ and have much better QOL schedule-wise on the 190 as a Capt then they will as a FO on the bus.

MickeySlapnutz said:
Last I checked the A320 was not launched by Jetblue. UAL,AWA,NWA and many others had flown the aircraft profitably for years. So I disagree with your argument on why the pay on the A320 was raised. Any chance they had to raise it to get folks to stop going to other airlines? Just a question.

Do you use the word launched in the same context as "launched the space shuttle"? how many have been flown now? I guess the last one was not "launched" as they had done it before?
Oh and NWA UAL AMR and AWA were all hiring at the time of the 320 rate increase right?

Neil Eubich said:
I'd take it even one step further Mickey......it's not even to get the seniority number because the difference is only about a month between the two. The REAL reason guys are taking the 190 over the bus is because the upgrade for a guy hired today into the 320 is going to be around 4 years, just to sit on reserve for 18-24 monts. The upgrade to capt on the 190 is around 12-13 months, and the guys are going to make more $$ and have much better QOL schedule-wise on the 190 as a Capt then they will as a FO on the bus.

pass a match for the bong...

elag777 said:
Do you use the word launched in the same context as "launched the space shuttle"? how many have been flown now? I guess the last one was not "launched" as they had done it before?
Oh and NWA UAL AMR and AWA were all hiring at the time of the 320 rate increase right?

Not sure what your getting at with the launched thing. I was just responding to what the other guy had said.

Yes....all the majors were hiring when JB scheduled the raise.

Latest resources

Back