Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You said it, not me

Neil Eubich said:
What do you mean......my point is that you can make a lot more money and have a better schedule sooner if you take the 190 as opposed to staying on the bus as a FO. I'm not saying the quality of life or the $$ is bad as a 320 FO, just that your seniority will be better quicker and you are paid more and can stay as a 190 CA until you're ready for the 320 CA upgrade, either at first opportunity, wait until you can hold a line, etc......buy I suspect I didn't need to explain that to you and that you just wanted a chance to take a little dig at JB.....again.....

What am I saying? Let me see. 4th year FO on the Bus = $67/hr. 2nd year Captain in the EMB = $72/hr.

You guys keep saying that the extremely low wages on the EMB can be offset by a quick upgrade to Captain and that you may be better off going to the junior aircraft money wise. I'm saying that if the EMB wages are crap, and they are, AND they beat the Bus wages (for the FO), than that doesn't say too much about your Bus wages either.

I'd say that you guys are due a massive pay raise.

Clear enough?

Yes, I know its none of my business. Just my observation thats all.

Easy there KS.

FJ

Falconjet said:
What am I saying? Let me see. 4th year FO on the Bus = $67/hr. 2nd year Captain in the EMB = $72/hr.

FJ

Not quite sure why you're comparing the 4th yr 320 pay and the 2d yr 190 pay, but that's neither here nor there. I don't think anyone at jetblue is happy with the 190 pay, that's not the point. What IS the point is that at year 1, the 190 guy will now be a capt, while the 320 guy is still in the 75% of seniority of FOs, and making less money. By year 2, they're both about the 50% seniority, except the 190 guy is making more money and his seniority will increase faster, in terms of % than the 320 guy from that point on. And if I had to take a guess, I'd say that there will be an increase in 190 pay in the near future---certainly well before the Bus gets one.

So, yes, as you and many others like to point out, the 190 pay is painfully low (a point I agree with, BTW). My only comment is that if I was starting out here right now, I'd take the 190 because after year one, I'll make more money and have a better QOL in terms of schedule, than the 320 guy will. Now, as we get more jets, and the upgrades slow down, there will be a break even point where that won't be the path to take. But for right now, my buds who ask my advice, I tell them, if they can afford it, to take the 190.

Latest resources

Back