Jetblue EMB rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MercuryPilot:

"I'd rather have my sister in a whore house than my brother in an F-16. FLY NAVY!"

Go Civilians! Yea!

GuppyPuppy said:
MercuryPilot:

"I'd rather have my sister in a whore house than my brother in an F-16. FLY NAVY!"

Go Civilians! Yea!

Just having some fun w/the pilots of my sister Service.
BEAT ARMY!-That I'm not kidding about.
MP

MercuryPilot said:
Could you please quote the person who used the term benefits in the previous posts on this thread?

401K matching and profit sharing are an important part of total compensation and each employees annual gross. You see, the more we work, the more we make, and in turn the more we receive in 401K matching and profit sharing. These two vehicles provide my family w/CASH put into an account w/my name on it. So yes, I do consider these when discussing how much we make. Does your airline provide 401K matching and profit sharing?

Medical/dental/vison/life insurance/AD&D/etc. are benefits that don't put CASH into my pocket.

How much does the company match?
How much profit sharing are you going to get from 2005's hard work?
Are you paying more for your Med insurance every year?

Standing by for the excuses.

The reason the 190 pay at JB sucks is that so many people going there are from relatively senior positions at other airlines.

For a newbie from a regional, $37/hr. is not unreasonable. As long as the growth keeps going, it'll be ok. When it stops, it's really going to suck to be a long-term FO on the 190.

The guys at JB believe that issue will be addressed when that situation happens. If you don't like it, don't apply. That's like bit@hing about flying 7 legs a day as a new hire at SWA...TC

Benefits not so good

MercuryPilot said:
Could you please quote the person who used the term benefits in the previous posts on this thread?

401K matching and profit sharing are an important part of total compensation and each employees annual gross. You see, the more we work, the more we make, and in turn the more we receive in 401K matching (...up to a limit)and profit sharing. These two vehicles provide my family w/CASH put into an account w/my name on it. So yes, I do consider these when discussing how much we make. Does your airline provide 401K matching and profit sharing?

Medical/dental/vison/life insurance/AD&D/etc. are benefits that don't put CASH into my pocket.

Since my 401K match and profit sharing (if any) are deposited into long-term savings I personally don't consider them CASH, and therefore don't count them in my annual income.

MickeySlapnutzQuote:
Originally Posted by MercuryPilot

401K matching and profit sharing are an important part of total compensation and each employees annual gross. You see, the more we work, the more we make, and in turn the more we receive in 401K matching and profit sharing. These two vehicles provide my family w/CASH put into an account w/my name on it. So yes, I do consider these when discussing how much we make. Does your airline provide 401K matching and profit sharing?

Our 401K match is a LOW 3%. No profit sharing this year, and there'll be many significant capital expenditures in the next several out years. Since my pay hasn't changed much in my 4 years (except for the small annual raise), and my healthcare has consistently increased, I've actually seen a small net pay reduction year over year. Yet we continue to hire large numbers of folks (flight att/ground folks) with high-risk lifestyles (gay/smokers/fat). When one gets into the fineprint of out long-term dis...it's not good compared with industry standard. Two years and then you're done. "Time to make the doughnuts" (RIP)

Okay...caveat for the kool-aid drinkers: I'm happy here and enjoy the folks I work with. Believe me, I looked at going to UPS/FedEX (assuming I could get interview and subsequently hired) but from year 3 on it would take a while to catch up (variables considered -QOL/pay/PIC/equip). I think that there's been quite a few folks recently who've left for other places. I think that trend will continue.

The people who brag about making 150K here use some creative math. After talking with them, I realize that they often times work 20-ish days/month (nothing wrong if that's their program), use PTO and then pick up other trips, and/or include 401K/P.S./CSPP. Or they're super senior and can avg >7 hrs/day.

Once again...in order to not offend the thin-(blue)skinned folks on here it still is a good place to work. Like just about anywhere else, it's not perfect. Unfortunately for now, we'll just have to grin and bear it or go elsewhere.

MickeySlapnutz said:

Puke Boy,

3%

We'll find out sometime in February/March.

Of course they did. Specifically, premiums are up slightly and the deductible we're responsible for stayed the same.

How about where you work? Remember, no excuses...

MercuryPilot said:
Just having some fun w/the pilots of my sister Service.
BEAT ARMY!-That I'm not kidding about.
MP

As am I.

I just got a little sick and tired of MB at the mixers down in MCO when he kept saying "GO NAVY!" everytime a navy pilot introduced him/herself. Nobody cheers for the civilians!?! C'mon...what a jip!

Back to the thread...Not sure if we will see much, if any, increase in the EMB rates. People keep referring back to when the JB pilots got the big A320 raise in 2001. I firmly believe that one of the biggest reasons for the raise was that their initial pay rates were very low (at the time, actually about 1/3 of the pay at United) and they wanted to up the rates to keep people from leaving.

JB is setting the benchmark now on the E190. Every other operator will now be offering rates similar to what JB pays. In a couple of years when there are more airlines operating the same type for similar rates, why would JB raise the rate? Certainly not for attrition reasons. Hopefully out of the goodness of their hearts.

BTW...been much happier flying with the Navy guys vs. the AF guys.

GO BUSH PILOTS!

GP

Man, it's really hard to make a good living on a measly $85K a year. Where can you get hired and start making that kind of money in less than a year service?

Spectre, are you sure you weren't a Airline CEO in another life? This sounds very familiar.

Latest resources

Back