Jetblue EMB rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyB6 said:
First of all I have been around too long to drink anybody's F***ing kool-aide!
$85,000? Whatever, my point is you can do fairly well on a 1st year 190 pay scale. It is a lot more $$ than I ever made after 6 years with the commuter I left. And like I said, you can bail to the 320 after 2 years anyway or just don't take the 190 in the first place jerk off.

Dude dont get bent just look at this guys profile:

His calls himself capnbob and talks about his 928s4 a car that even in the 80's was ugly as hell

His avatar is superman

his lists every large jet that he has flown except the concorde because he soloed that one so it doesnt count!

If he is the big capnbob superpilot old porsche driving from when he still had hair 6 figure megapilot he wouldn't be posting in reply to your message now would he?

Last edited:
capnbob928s4 said:
Where do you get this from? Stop drinking the koolaid!!!!
A 1st year E190 Captain makes $71.00 an hour. Even with 85 hours of credit a month, including the 150% override, that comes out to about $79,000 a year. Add per diem and you're looking at around $85,000. Not really $100,000 now is it??????

Don't forget the 401K matching and occasionally some profit sharing when looking at the total compensation picture.

BTW, it must be nice to be in a position where you can look down your nose at the low-life people who scrape by at ~$85,000 a year.

MickeySlapnutz said:
I think I'm gonna puke.....

Mickeyslapnutz...aka "puke boy"
Wow! such a thoughtful contribution..

FlyB6 said:
First of all I have been around too long to drink anybody's F***ing kool-aide!
$85,000? Whatever, my point is you can do fairly well on a 1st year 190 pay scale. It is a lot more $$ than I ever made after 6 years with the commuter I left. And like I said, you can bail to the 320 after 2 years anyway or just don't take the 190 in the first place jerk off.
OK, I must have missed something. First year E190 pay is $37/hour right? Upgrade takes about a year right? So the whole first year would be at $37/hour right? 85 hours/month X 12 = $41k + perdiem right?(including the 150% over 70)........This is a lot more than you made after 6 years with a commuter?

See, the koolaid is working! You guys circle around then gang up on anyone whose opinion is different that the "blue view." FlyB6 made a statement and I simply stated that he was incorrect. Those pay scales are not the highest in the industry and won't pay you $100k a year as he said. Then someone else chimes in and starts adding in profit sharing, benefits, etc.. As pilots, we know when we talk about how much money we make to our families, friends and co-workers, we don't include benefits, etc! Be real! Yes, you surely can get by on $85k a year. I can. But that's not the point. It's $85 working quite a bit of overtime and not $100 that was proposed. In fact, if you're on reserve, it's only $66,000 a year. See the difference?? Like when you commuter guys were working for Express and people said who do you fly for and you say the mainline airline. True isn't it??? Don't cut down someone for being right. We've all done it.

capnbob928s4 said:
See, the koolaid is working! You guys circle around then gang up on anyone whose opinion is different that the "blue view." FlyB6 made a statement and I simply stated that he was incorrect. Those pay scales are not the highest in the industry and won't pay you $100k a year as he said. Then someone else chimes in and starts adding in profit sharing, benefits, etc.. As pilots, we know when we talk about how much money we make to our families, friends and co-workers, we don't include benefits, etc! Be real! Yes, you surely can get by on $85k a year. I can. But that's not the point. It's $85 working quite a bit of overtime and not $100 that was proposed. In fact, if you're on reserve, it's only $66,000 a year. See the difference?? Like when you commuter guys were working for Express and people said who do you fly for and you say the mainline airline. True isn't it??? Don't cut down someone for being right. We've all done it.

Could you please quote the person who used the term benefits in the previous posts on this thread?

401K matching and profit sharing are an important part of total compensation and each employees annual gross. You see, the more we work, the more we make, and in turn the more we receive in 401K matching and profit sharing. These two vehicles provide my family w/CASH put into an account w/my name on it. So yes, I do consider these when discussing how much we make. Does your airline provide 401K matching and profit sharing?

Medical/dental/vison/life insurance/AD&D/etc. are benefits that don't put CASH into my pocket.

Latest resources

Back