Jetblue EMB rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RiddleEagle18 said:
whats wrong with each airline representing themselves. Honestly how can ALPA be effective trying to represent the bigs and the regionals. Some of you may argue that the MEC are seperate but come one something obviously isnt working. They need seperate unions with only very loose affiliations for national lobbying powers. If im not mistaken UPS SWAPA and Air Trans union have something similar to this already set up? What do you guys think?

Each airline does represent itself within ALPA. No other airline has ever come to one of our MEC meetings and told us what to do...nor has any National officer or professional staffer. We make our own decisions and then live with the consequences of those decisions. Are there scope issues? Of course. That is by nature of the contracts that have been bargained over the past 50 years...so you have to work with what you have been dealt. CAL owns everything above 50 seats right now...so we must deal with that reality...and we also must deal with the reality that we don't even own everything 50 seats and under. CAL management does!

-Neal

Neal says "What some were saying as far as scheduling rules aren't necessarily productivity enhancements but rather - protections against certain other issues. For example, can you guys be scheduled for a PC immediately following your vacation or do you need to be given a few days between your vacation and your sim slot? We built that provision into the XJT contract to allow some time to study since clearly none of us wants to be studying our manuals while on vacation in Cabo. :D"

Actually Neal, a quick e-mail to the sim scheduler fixes everything. But you have to be a little proactive. The beauty of our system is that we can communicate directly to the people who affect our QOL without the hinderence of a hard document. Believe me when I say, they are more than happy to work with you given the chance.

JB Bus Drvr said:
Neal says "What some were saying as far as scheduling rules aren't necessarily productivity enhancements but rather - protections against certain other issues. For example, can you guys be scheduled for a PC immediately following your vacation or do you need to be given a few days between your vacation and your sim slot? We built that provision into the XJT contract to allow some time to study since clearly none of us wants to be studying our manuals while on vacation in Cabo. :D"

Actually Neal, a quick e-mail to the sim scheduler fixes everything. But you have to be a little proactive. The beauty of our system is that we can communicate directly to the people who affect our QOL without the hinderence of a hard document. Believe me when I say, they are more than happy to work with you given the chance.

I wasn't saying it wasn't possible but was just giving an example of the kind of protection that a hard document can afford since some thought that the poster was talking about productivity improvements. In actuality, productivity per day will never be enhanced by any scheduling rule. The best productivity can be achieved by just flying the FAR's (with no policy or contract whatsoever). But of course, with that, comes a mountain of other problems (rest issues, etc...since we all know that if we only flew to the FAR's we would never be fully rested or safe).

There are other companies that allow such communication as well. Some of them even have unions and CBA's. :D XJT is one of them. We have one of the most pilot-friendly Flight Ops management teams in the industry (this comes from talking to many other MEC's in all segments of the industry by the way). I've heard great things about your Flight Ops guys as well.

I am not suggesting that JB get a union in any of my posts by the way. That is a JB pilot-group decision and certainly not mine or any other non-JB pilot. I've always said that management will get a union if it deserves one...and if it comes to that, they will then get the union that they deserve. As long as the kind of communication, trust, integrity, etc, continues at JB, then a union won't materialize. The minute that you guys lose that kind of trust and solid relationship, the tide will turn of course.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
There are other companies that allow such communication as well. Some of them even have unions and CBA's. :D XJT is one of them. We have one of the most pilot-friendly Flight Ops management teams in the industry (this comes from talking to many other MEC's in all segments of the industry by the way). I've heard great things about your Flight Ops guys as well.

The minute that you guys lose that kind of trust and solid relationship, the tide will turn of course.

-Neal

Not to throw rocks at you Neal..

But aren't you guys at XJet in a predicament with losing all those airplanes?

Who's fault is that?
ALPA.. Mgt... The pilot group?

Who's fault is that?
Nobody's fault.....CAL management made a decision. Why do you assume that someone screwed up? Whats your point?

Last edited:
8vATE said:

Who's fault is that?

What a dick....

go fix your own airline

I'm tired of everyone who doesn't work at JetBlue telling us to get a union. I'm furloughed from an ALPA carrier who's in big trouble and I don't want a union much less ALPA. My philosophy if it's not broken then don't break it. Why would we need a union? Things work at B6. Like everyone has said the company works through issues w/ us with what is in place. Values Committee, Scheduling Committee, etc. We even don't have to pay dues....what a concept! Here's some advice for all of you who don't fly for B6 who keep telling us to get a union.... focus on your broken company and broken union and focus on your own problems.

Tail

8vATE said:

Who's fault is that?

It must be ALPA's fault! :)

All kidding aside, this isn't ALPA's fault or the pilot group's fault. It was a corporate decision made by Continental Airlines because they believed they could find lower block hour rates for 50 seat feed than what was being offered by ExpressJet at their negotiating table.

And just so we are all on the same page, we aren't losing 69 airplanes. We may lose some block hours for CAL but CAL has given us those 69 airplanes to use elsewhere. Semantics perhaps...but very important semantics if you truly understand the marketing agreement and relationship between the 2 companies.

Lastly, I don't see the correllation here between this topic of discussion and the fact that ExpressJet might not be flying as much for CAL in a year. The ExpressJet MEC negotiated a very fair contract with ExpressJet management. It is now ExpressJet management's job to negotiate over potential flying for CAL. If they can't make it work, so be it. That is business and life. But it definitely isn't the pilot group's fault (or ALPA's...or DW's...etc). To say any otherwise would be a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back