• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Log in to hellojetblue.com. Select the "Pilots" page under "Departments." There is a big yellow banner at the top of the page that says "PVC Elections Now Open Click Here for more Info!" Click on that banner. Once logged in to that page, on the left side of the page under "Discussions," click on "Seniority Block 7 Discussion."

Log in to hellojetblue.com. Select the "Pilots" page under "Departments." There is a big yellow banner at the top of the page that says "PVC Elections Now Open Click Here for more Info!" Click on that banner. Once logged in to that page, on the left side of the page under "Discussions," click on "Seniority Block 7 Discussion."

OK, I found that. How do I actually vote?

direct quote on the pvc discussion for folks that are too lazy to go on the company computer:

From Yates himself..

"Hi xxx, while there is always room for improvement, I am happy with the level of compensation and benefits here. If I were not, why would I be working here? That leads me to ask, if Southwest, Alaska, and Delta have much better overall compensation packages, then why don't you work there instead? Each of us has a different perspective, but personally, I don't work at those places because on the whole, there are factors that make JetBlue a better option. Therefore I don't pick a few issues and focus on how they are better at the other carriers- I appreciate the aspects of JetBlue that are superior, and focus on doing my job well. If you elect me to the PVC, yes, I will advocate for improvements. Philosophically speaking, I do think it is reasonable for us to be compensated at a comparable level to our competitors. The complicating factor is that what one pilot sees as an improvement, another may not. That's why, as I suggested in the last reply, it is indeed important to survey the group periodically to determine the most important priorities, and that is how I would plan to proceed. I think it is unrealistic to put every issue and every little decision to a pilot vote, but when it comes to big issues and/or periodic opinion surveys, pilot input is crucial. I have not yet researched the reports from years past, though if elected, I plan to read as many as possible. Learning is the one thing that I do better than anything else, and I do lots of it. Keep the questions coming, and thank you again for taking this process seriously!"

Somehow, I didn't. In one of the updates, they made reference to Vote Net, but I didn't get an email from them.

Definitely follow up on that. Every vote counts. PVC isn't the best thing, but its all we have right now so we need quality folks in those positions.

Somehow, I didn't. In one of the updates, they made reference to Vote Net, but I didn't get an email from them.

Dumb question, but are you sure in in a silo that has an opening? My silo has no vacancies so I don't get to vote.

direct quote on the pvc discussion for folks that are too lazy to go on the company computer:

From Yates himself..

"Hi xxx, while there is always room for improvement, I am happy with the level of compensation and benefits here. If I were not, why would I be working here? That leads me to ask, if Southwest, Alaska, and Delta have much better overall compensation packages, then why don't you work there instead? Each of us has a different perspective, but personally, I don't work at those places because on the whole, there are factors that make JetBlue a better option. Therefore I don't pick a few issues and focus on how they are better at the other carriers- I appreciate the aspects of JetBlue that are superior, and focus on doing my job well. If you elect me to the PVC, yes, I will advocate for improvements. Philosophically speaking, I do think it is reasonable for us to be compensated at a comparable level to our competitors. The complicating factor is that what one pilot sees as an improvement, another may not. That's why, as I suggested in the last reply, it is indeed important to survey the group periodically to determine the most important priorities, and that is how I would plan to proceed. I think it is unrealistic to put every issue and every little decision to a pilot vote, but when it comes to big issues and/or periodic opinion surveys, pilot input is crucial. I have not yet researched the reports from years past, though if elected, I plan to read as many as possible. Learning is the one thing that I do better than anything else, and I do lots of it. Keep the questions coming, and thank you again for taking this process seriously!"

This should be posted somewhere as what not to say when you're running for election.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back