• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately if he is reading the emails he is talking about he does work here.

Yes I know how to read. Says so on my liscense. Yes I did read the email you are referring to. So I can either stress myself out about it, or I can continue with my life in a balanced way and vote accordingly whenever I get the chance. I will also continue to apply to FEDEX when I can. Stressing and bitching about it on FI isn't going to help. In the mean time, B6 is still a great place to work in comparison to other companys.

Unfortunately if he is reading the emails he is talking about he does work here.

Yes I know how to read. Says so on my liscense. Yes I did read the email you are referring to. So I can either stress myself out about it, or I can continue with my life in a balanced way and vote accordingly whenever I get the chance. I will also continue to apply to FEDEX when I can. Stressing and bitching about it on FI isn't going to help. In the mean time, B6 is still a great place to work in comparison to other companys.

Very balanced? Yet you're applying elsewhere? You said this was a great place to work? Why apply elsewhere?

You know it's only a placeholder job locale and your failed management team agrees. You leave and they replace you with Jared Yates types for a couple of dollars. You play right into their hands. Good work.

Here's a thought, join your JAOC and make a difference.

I apply to FEDEX as flying night cargo for that pay check is my dream per say. I fly for B6 because it is a great place to work and if FEDEX never calls, which is a good possibility, I will be happy here at B6 as long as B6 exists or I turn 60. Whichever comes first. Yes I am balanced and happy.

As far as joining the JAOC. That is a great idea and I will be looking into that. Thanks for the first useful peice of advice you have given on FI to date.

Last edited:
I apply to FEDEX as flying night cargo for that pay check is my dream per say. I fly for B6 because it is a great place to work and if FEDEX never calls, which is a good possibility, I will be happy here at B6 as long as B6 exists or I turn 60. Whichever comes first. Yes I am balanced and happy.

As far as joining the JAOC. That is a great idea and I will be looking into that. Thanks for the first useful peice of advice you have given on FI to date.

It's my pleasure. Sometimes painting a picture takes time.

Very balanced? Yet you're applying elsewhere? You said this was a great place to work? Why apply elsewhere?

You know it's only a placeholder job locale and your failed management team agrees. You leave and they replace you with Jared Yates types for a couple of dollars. You play right into their hands. Good work.

Here's a thought, join your JAOC and make a difference.

What's the JAOC? I'm one of the clueless newbies you talk about. Some of your posts do make sense, but some things I have no idea what you are talking about. Really trying to learn all the aspects.

The thing is if you really care about getting a CBA this is not the way to approach this particular pilot group.

The union supporters need to stay away from bashing the company(even if deserved). There is a large group that will immediately be turned away when that conversation is started. The supporters must stay company positive while pushing the benefits of a CBA(real scope and M&A language as examples for me). You must be pro company and pro union or the drive will fail again. There must be that very vivid explanation that the Union does not want an Us against Them relationship.

Sounding bitter, pissed off, and condescending will push some fence voters into the no category very quickly.

What's the JAOC? I'm one of the clueless newbies you talk about. Some of your posts do make sense, but some things I have no idea what you are talking about. Really trying to learn all the aspects.

Jetblue ALPA Organizing Committee

The thing is if you really care about getting a CBA this is not the way to approach this particular pilot group.

The union supporters need to stay away from bashing the company(even if deserved). There is a large group that will immediately be turned away when that conversation is started. The supporters must stay company positive while pushing the benefits of a CBA(real scope and M&A language as examples for me). You must be pro company and pro union or the drive will fail again. There must be that very vivid explanation that the Union does not want an Us against Them relationship.

Sounding bitter, pissed off, and condescending will push some fence voters into the no category very quickly.

100% agreed. The emotions need to stay on the sidelines, and stick to the message of collaborative progress for our futures.

Truth be told we have tried your approach twice. In both union drives we posted facts and only facts. We discussed the retirement shortfalls, the pay shortfalls, the lack of merger and integration protection. We gathered and provided this information to the pilot group in the form of emails, mailings and informational meetings.

Jetblue did the opposites. It lied about awards from the TWA lawsuit. It told you the protections in the 5 documents were as good as it gets only to retract that statement a few months later after it was discovered most of the language was written incorrectly. As it stands today, PVC lawyer paid for by Jetblue, Kevin Fitzpatrick stated Section 15 does not protect the pilot group as Jetblue states. I can go on an on.

While many bash Jetblue or point out facts they aren't lying. Everything being posted from merger protections to alter-egos to pay and benefits is positively true and verifiable. What is shocking is pilots not willing to listen.

And for the record allow me to point out this very...real...fact. Those of us posting on this board are mostly senior pilots at Jetblue. We don't have to care about junior guys or gals like you(not sure your gender) but we do. In fact we're senior enough that the company essentially has to shut down before we lose our jobs. Maybe we go about it in different methods but we want people to be crystal clear about the airline they are either working for or applying to.

At Jetblue you are underpaid and unprotected. These are irrefutable facts. 1193 of you chose to let a failed process continue and for a junior pilot that means a guaranteed staple as per Section 15 you voted in favor off. The old adage of "you can only lead a horse to water" applies here in a way I have never seen before.

Keep in mind a few facts:
TWA received a 52% staple from AA while in bankruptcy. PEA section 15 provides for a 50% staple under non-bankruptcy merger/aquisition.
20% higher insurance premiums with a 33% increase year over year.
8-20% short fall in retirement. Interim CFO stated no changes to pilot pay/benefits.
Unlimited alter-ego flying.
Unlimited regional airline flying. 10% applies to year one and not reviewed year over year.
I can go on.

I am quoted as stating Jetblue is not a bad place to work and I still say that but Jetblue is not a "destination carrier." We are not a career carrier. We are simply a comfortable stepping stone.

I dont really see anything wrong with your post or how you approached it. I was referring to fifty30. He is not helping the cause.

Im saying I have flown with enough guys already in my short time here who describe the supporters as bitter and pissed off. It was enough for them to vote no.

The colgan guys voted ALPA down and a little over a year later voted them in with a solid majority. I think the same will happen here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back