• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The facts speak for themselves. If you need to be stroked to act in your own best interest, then you're not going to find much sympathy.

I don't need to be stroked. I just don't like the attitude. If you want to convince people that you are correct, you won't do it with intimidation. Like it or not, you seem from the outside to be in a PR war with management. Being jerks, well, that doesn't help your cause. That's all I'm saying.

I don't have a position yet. If I'm hired, I'll make a decision at that time based on a more educated assessment, and vote accordingly.

Oh great another pilot that needs to be convinced by others that management is NOT on 'your side'.

Please stay at SkyWest, Inc.

I never said that. I just said that he wasn't winning any hearts and minds by being a jerk. It's obvious you guys have some issues to work through with management. I don't think it's appropriate for an outsider (even one in the pool) to make a decision about which way they would vote until they've been there and lived it.

I'm not certain why that is so controversial.

The problem is that once you give up your current position, you'll have no choice but to "live it".
With our healthcare , if you have a healthy child, you will be paying $7,000-$10,000 out of your own pocket just for the delivery.

If you get hurt or your wife gets sick in November of 2013 and you require hospitalization or surgery and then have a complication in January of 2014 or need continuing care, you will pay $14,000+ in 2013 and then $14,000 + again in 2014.
$28,000 in just a few short months. I hope you have that laying around in your cash drawer or you may find yourself facing personal bankruptcy, losing your house, or your retirement trying to dig out.

The point is, please think long and hard about the risk you are going to expose yourself and your family to by going to JetBlue. I wouldn't even consider it of I were making that choice today. This place is not worth it.

I don't think it's appropriate for an outsider (even one in the pool) to make a decision about which way they would vote until they've been there and lived it.

I'm not certain why that is so controversial.

Excellent point. Just remember, the burden of proof is with the company to show you you don't need a CBA. Not the other way around.

Another thing to remember....

I'm here almost 6 years, and I won't break 1000 until 2029. That's over TWENTY YEARS.....just to break 1000. So I'll wait 17 more years just to be a junior A320 Captain flying Carribean red-eye turns.

Just something else to ponder about coming to JetBlue. Yes, it's better than a craphole regional. Even if we made top dollar and had the best retirement/insurance in the business...I'd have my stuff at FedEx. We now have the worst insurance in the entire industry and still the worst retirement.

Just a few thoughts....

The problem is that once you give up your current position, you'll have no choice but to "live it".
With our healthcare , if you have a healthy child, you will be paying $7,000-$10,000 out of your own pocket just for the delivery.

If you get hurt or your wife gets sick in November of 2013 and you require hospitalization or surgery and then have a complication in January of 2014 or need continuing care, you will pay $14,000+ in 2013 and then $14,000 + again in 2014.
$28,000 in just a few short months. I hope you have that laying around in your cash drawer or you may find yourself facing personal bankruptcy, losing your house, or your retirement trying to dig out.

The point is, please think long and hard about the risk you are going to expose yourself and your family to by going to JetBlue. I wouldn't even consider it of I were making that choice today. This place is not worth it.

I hear you. I'm on my wife's medical, so that isn't a risk in my case. That being said, the medical at my regional sucks too, so a transition there wouldn't increase my risk.

Naturally, benefits should improve when you leave the regionals. I'm not arguing that. Just saying in my case it isn't a factor for my decision to leave.

Excellent point. Just remember, the burden of proof is with the company to show you you don't need a CBA. Not the other way around.

I'm here almost 6 years, and I won't break 1000 until 2029. That's over TWENTY YEARS.....just to break 1000. So I'll wait 17 more years just to be a junior A320 Captain flying Carribean red-eye turns.

Just something else to ponder about coming to JetBlue. Yes, it's better than a craphole regional. Even if we made top dollar and had the best retirement/insurance in the business...I'd have my stuff at FedEx. We now have the worst insurance in the entire industry and still the worst retirement.

Just a few thoughts....

I'm going in with my eyes wide open. I think most in the pool are 100% aware of the risks, and think that things will either improve over time, or they will depart B6 when others hire.

Just a few thoughts....

So wait, in 2029 seniority number 1000 will be a junior airbus captain doing redeye turns?

While I agree the max out of pocket mins are out of control, calendar year deductibles are pretty much standard in the health care industry. Even if you're max out of pocket was $5,000 a year, you'd still be looking at $10,000 in a those same few short months. Just trying to make sure we're not skewing the facts too much. $10,000 is still a decent chunk of change, but it's a lot less than $28,000.

Honestly, I think if everyone sticks to the facts on the healthcare as well as pros and cons of having a CBA and steers clear of the emotional responses (which I see more than facts), the union vote would take care of itself. I'll likely be right in the middle of a union vote if/when it comes up this time. I watched the last one from the sidelines, and it was a PR nightmare. Too many people got wrapped up in the "If you don't see it, you're stupid" rhetoric, and I think that's what killed the vote. Hell, I saw the same thing on a contract vote at my current airline.

So wait, in 2029 seniority number 1000 will be a junior airbus captain doing redeye turns?

Nope. I'll be a line holding 330 Captain with layovers in Paris...:rolleyes:

I don't believe any growth projections when planning my career. Even with 4000 pilots....1000 is a fairly junior line holder.

Latest resources

Back