Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue CEO on pilot’s mid-air meltdown: ‘It started medical, but clearly wasn’t’

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe...just maybe...these Feds who seem so out of control have more info that we do. Just as I'm not for waiting for the facts to protect the pilot, I'm not quite ready to have him walking the streets again without a bit info. Maybe we need to let the authorities have time to investigate as well. If the worst tragedy out of all this is one guys loses his medical/job, then we got lucky. It could have been much, much worse.

Maybe...just maybe...these Feds who seem so out of control have more info that we do. Just as I'm not for waiting for the facts to protect the pilot, I'm not quite ready to have him walking the streets again without a bit info. Maybe we need to let the authorities have time to investigate as well. If the worst tragedy out of all this is one guys loses his medical/job, then we got lucky. It could have been much, much worse.

Well said...

The only thing I would add is "but for the grace of God go I." Enough stress can break anyone. It simply takes the right personal factors at the right time (or the "wrong time" if you will). Not one of us on here knows what really happened, and maybe being held really is what's best for him (long term) and his family...

All "speculation". Did he ever actually do anything contrary with the flight controls? What did he do other than exercise his freedom of expression? Did his words cause the plane to turn upside down? The prosecuter will have nothing to stand on when its over with. I think his attorney will eat them alive before its over with.

Yes and yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater is allowed also.

Freedom of expression, of course.

:laugh:

Who is paying Clayton's legal fees?

Have the jetBlue pilots taken up a collection to help out Clayton?

I know if this had happened at my airline the pilot brethren would rally to his support.

Supposedly Jetblue is providing legal support. The curious part is how effective can they be. With a union legal would be doing EVERYTHING they could to keep him out of jail, get him the proper medical treatment and even get his medical back.
Is Jetblue truly going to represent him? Do they really want him getting his medical back? Would they want him as a line pilot again?
This are all huge question marks. Jetblue is playing both sides of the fence and eventually they will pick a side. Hmmmm, which side will it be.

Supposedly Jetblue is providing legal support. The curious part is how effective can they be. With a union legal would be doing EVERYTHING they could to keep him out of jail, get him the proper medical treatment and even get his medical back.
Is Jetblue truly going to represent him? Do they really want him getting his medical back? Would they want him as a line pilot again?
This are all huge question marks. Jetblue is playing both sides of the fence and eventually they will pick a side. Hmmmm, which side will it be.

I don't think anyone will be able to get his medical back. Even if that happens, he won't be flying people around. Putting him in the cockpit would be commercial suicide for jetblue. Sad, but true.

JetBlue does what is best for JetBlue. Right now the best thing for JetBlue to do is play stand by your man. When it no longer is beneficial to JetBlue's public image they will cut bait. How can it possibly be in anyone's best interest to only have company paid attorneys represent you in your time of need? This is what the majority of individuals that make up the pilot "group" at JetBlue have voted for whether they knew it or not.

Latest resources

Back