Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue CEO on pilot’s mid-air meltdown: ‘It started medical, but clearly wasn’t’

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm unaware of any other occupation in which a breakdown would incur criminal charges. Even if he was a physician in the OR, I doubt criminal charges would even be considered. Very unfortunate...

perhaps al qaeda has found a way to hypnotize flight crews. the AA stewardess was talking about the same things. I know it's far fetched, but thinking outside the box.

I'm guessing it's a way to go "section 8" and draw disability bennies for life after they go bankrupt and renig on all the other union contracts. He may not be as dumb as he looks to most.

The news is reporting that the JB Captain has been charged with the crime of interfering with a flight crews duties. If true, which I really don't believe it, how on earth can these charges be levied against the Captain.

As a Captain myself, I have interfered with a crew members duties by acting as PIC and using PIC authority. Under normal circumstances the Captain has the right to enter the flightdeck and at times interfere with other flight crews duties. Just off the top of my head I can think of several occasions where I did interfere. Simpliest one is telling the flight attendants not to do a service due to possible turbulance.

Anyways, this story brings me to tears when I see the pictures of the Captain hand cuffed and being wheeled down the airstairs. I feel for the guy. I wish him and his family all the best.

I also think that the FO did an incredably brave act of essentially commiting a mutany against the Captain.

It's mutiny not mutiny

He was trying to correct a mistake, but made a mistake in his correction of the mistake.

Let me try.

Mutiny vs. mutany

I'm unaware of any other occupation in which a breakdown would incur criminal charges. Even if he was a physician in the OR, I doubt criminal charges would even be considered. Very unfortunate...

What's even more ironic is that if he had "crashed" the airplane and the subsequent investigation revealed "pilot error", no criminal charges....

Its more of a guideline than a rule ;)

Without getting in to much details, I respectfully disagree with you. Did this guy start shouting this because the FO locked him out? Did they have an disagreement beforehand? What is the background of this FO? Tapes should reveal more details.

Without getting in to much details, I respectfully disagree with you. Did this guy start shouting this because the FO locked him out? Did they have an disagreement beforehand? What is the background of this FO? Tapes should reveal more details.

Read the FBI interview transcript and then come back. What difference does his background have?

Latest resources

Back