Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue: Below average and it's going to stay that way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if things are so bad you can always leave. unfortunately, losers like you come with their tongues watering and then stay on and moan and groan about how the world has done them wrong. Every B6 pilot has had an option not to sign the PEA or not to renew. If you really want to take a stand lets see you do that.

Every time I read a post like this, all I can think is "abused wife syndrome". You get beat and you are convinced it is your fault. It is just sad.

if things are so bad you can always leave. unfortunately, losers like you come with their tongues watering and then stay on and moan and groan about how the world has done them wrong. Every B6 pilot has had an option not to sign the PEA or not to renew. If you really want to take a stand lets see you do that.

You are becoming more annoying than instuctordude. At least he's funny, you are just annoying.

Wow!

Signing our PEA's??? Really????

Our PEA's have absolutely nothing to do with our retirement or health insurance, being kicked to COBRA for 18 months while on LTD (and then offered NO insurance after 5 years. Our PEA's have very little to do with our work rules.

When I was hired I was told that PAY AND BENEFITS would be at Southwest -2%. I was OK with that. The FACT is that we are nowhere near Southwest in ANY category...pay, work rules, retirement, insurance, LTD...

So, after being here over 8 years and hoping for things to get better (with a CBA) your advice is to just leave? At some point in your career (relative seniority, age and responsibilites considered) you are basically married to the company who employs you. Like it or not, that's the way it is in the US airline industry. I am married to this company and am trying to make it a better place to work for ALL pilots. I have voted for ALPA twice and will do it again.

All you "It's better than MESA" crowd just astound me! This is a major airline that is larger than Airtran, Frontier and Alaska. But you guys are just happy to wear the gaigh blue shirt. Get closer to age 50 and tell me what you think. And consider that you don't have tri-care or military retirement either (BlueBayou...this means you!).

And for those of you who really think that we are "only 3%" behind in our retirement....let me put this in perspective for you. In 2010 an Alaska pilot making $100k/yr got an additional $22,500 from the company put into their retirement account. A JB pilot who made $100k in 2010 got $5,000 put into his retirement account (another $5,000 IF the pilot put in $5,000) of his own money. That Alaska pilot got more than 100% more put into his retirement fund than the JB pilot got. Still think you are only 3% behind average? The company wants to believe that you're only 3% behind because that doesn't sound so bad now does it? The truth is that we are much worse off.

GP

Many of us, myself included, did not sign the latest pea amendment. Signing or not signing doesn't fix our retirement, LOL/LTD, etc problems.

Wow!
When I was hired I was told that PAY AND BENEFITS would be at Southwest -2%. I was OK with that. The FACT is that we are nowhere near Southwest in ANY category...pay, work rules, retirement, insurance, LTD...GP

the FACT is that the market has changed DRASTICALLY in the last 8 years. Of course guys like you couldnt care less since it goes against the very entitlement mentality at the core of your being.

Christ, I pray you don't fly for us....
icon8.gif

Is anyone happy to have one of the higher paid jobs in the US? with more days off than almost any job in the US? and the ability to go home and not have to take the job home with you. Is everyone really that unhappy?

the FACT is that the market has changed DRASTICALLY in the last 8 years. Of course guys like you couldnt care less since it goes against the very entitlement mentality at the core of your being.

I've got a six pack that says this clown is furloughed Eastie who is now a Forest Hills cubicle dweller.

I've got a six pack that says this clown is furloughed Eastie who is now a Forest Hills cubicle dweller.

wow. thats one great comeback. Of course i would not expect more of an affirmative action welfare monger who flew a bunch of regional jets (supposedly)

Latest resources

Back