Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue: Below average and it's going to stay that way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
717 MTOW is 120,000....FWIW?

Thanks, I have no experience in the 717 and just found those numbers on Wikipedia. They list a 717-200 "basic gross weight" variant with MTOW of 110,000lb and 1430nm range as well as a "high gross weight" variant with MTOW of 121,000lb and 2060 nm range. I think the Basic Gross Weight version is a better comparison to the E190 which is why I referenced that one.

So yeah, even compared to the high gross weight model, the E190 is only 6,000 lbs off and is still squarely in that size range as opposed to RJ size range that our company would like to compare our pay rates to for political advantage purposes.

if things are so bad you can always leave. unfortunately, losers like you come with their tongues watering and then stay on and moan and groan about how the world has done them wrong. Every B6 pilot has had an option not to sign the PEA or not to renew. If you really want to take a stand lets see you do that.

Dude!

Sweet idea, I'm almost embarassed that I didn't think of it sooner!

Tomorrow, I'm just gonna call FedEx and tell them to expect me in class on April 1. Or should I call Delta? Maybe Southwest? UPS?

All these options are making my head spin!! I never realized that working at XYZ carrier was as simple as just picking one and showing up to class.

I always thought that you had to wait until one announced that they were hiring, and that in general there are only a small number of "career" carriers hiring at any given time- if any at all. Once the window is open at your dream carrier, I always thought you needed to be in a good position to apply, vis a vis meeting their competitive minimums, being in a family and financial situation that allows you to step back to first year pay and junior reserve at a new carrier, and being one of the lucky ones chosen to interview out of the tall stack of resumes of people who look virtually identical to you on paper.

I guess the egg is really on my face, I can't believe I've been wasting my time by NOT just picking a sweet gig and showing up to work uninvited. Here I thought it was easier to retain my seniority at the profitable, revenue generating machine of an airline that I'm already at and sit down at a negotiating table with pilot representatives and company representatives reasonably discussing what my rightful share is in all this revenue. If not easier, maybe it's at least a decent way to spend my time till I choose from the multitude of really awesome job offers that I have right now.

if things are so bad you can always leave. unfortunately, losers like you come with their tongues watering and then stay on and moan and groan about how the world has done them wrong. Every B6 pilot has had an option not to sign the PEA or not to renew. If you really want to take a stand lets see you do that.

Oh I'm taking a stand.

I'm hoping my stand trickles down to our NPS score.

Dave told me in no uncertain words during my interview 10 years ago that our insurance would improve as the company grew. I asked that question because it was VERY important for my family. What happened in 10 years is that our insurance got far worse. It is now arguably the WORST insurance enjoyed by major airline pilots.

So Dave changed his mind and so did I. You both need to deal with it fools.

No. I won't be going elsewhere. I changed my entire life based on the sales job that Dave and Dave and Al gave me and if I can't get my fellow pilots to bring them to Section 6 then at least I can get a good number of my fellow pilots to drag them into arbitration and a smaller number to withdraw their enthusiasm.

Enjoy.

Oh I'm taking a stand.

I'm hoping my stand trickles down to our NPS score.

Dave told me in no uncertain words during my interview 10 years ago that our insurance would improve as the company grew. I asked that question because it was VERY important for my family. What happened in 10 years is that our insurance got far worse. It is now arguably the WORST insurance enjoyed by major airline pilots.

So Dave changed his mind and so did I. You both need to deal with it fools.

No. I won't be going elsewhere. I changed my entire life based on the sales job that Dave and Dave and Al gave me and if I can't get my fellow pilots to bring them to Section 6 then at least I can get a good number of my fellow pilots to drag them into arbitration and a smaller number to withdraw their enthusiasm.

Enjoy.

There is no argument...it is the worst, probably among the regionals (minus skywest, for now) too. I know it is the worse amongst the 3 airlines I've been at, by far. The sad part is, it is about to get much, much worse. Of course, they will sell it as "industry leading".

Dave told me in no uncertain words during my interview 10 years ago that our insurance would improve as the company grew.

I changed my entire life based on the sales job that Dave and Dave and Al gave me

Oh dear. What a pity. Nevermind.

You took a risk by joining a startup airline and were aware of that. If the insurance issue was that important you should have insisted on a written commitment.

By the way, here's how you would have fared if you didnt join B6 (assuming you're not one of the regional pilots and not some disgruntled flight attendant posing as a pilot)

UAL - paycut, loss of pension & loss of benefits
NWA - paycut, loss of pension & loss of benefits
DAL- paycut, loss of pension & loss of benefits
US Air/ America West - paycut, loss of pension & loss of benefits but a place in the greatest show on earth
CAL - you'd have been a moron to leave
AMR - paycut, loss of pension & loss of benefits (coming soon)
LUV - you'd have been a moron to leave

So in case you didn't hear me the first time around:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT -- LEAVE.

Last edited:
Dude!

Sweet idea, I'm almost embarassed that I didn't think of it sooner!

Tomorrow, I'm just gonna call FedEx and tell them to expect me in class on April 1. Or should I call Delta? Maybe Southwest? UPS?

All these options are making my head spin!! I never realized that working at XYZ carrier was as simple as just picking one and showing up to class.

I always thought that you had to wait until one announced that they were hiring, and that in general there are only a small number of "career" carriers hiring at any given time- if any at all. Once the window is open at your dream carrier, I always thought you needed to be in a good position to apply, vis a vis meeting their competitive minimums, being in a family and financial situation that allows you to step back to first year pay and junior reserve at a new carrier, and being one of the lucky ones chosen to interview out of the tall stack of resumes of people who look virtually identical to you on paper.

I guess the egg is really on my face, I can't believe I've been wasting my time by NOT just picking a sweet gig and showing up to work uninvited. Here I thought it was easier to retain my seniority at the profitable, revenue generating machine of an airline that I'm already at and sit down at a negotiating table with pilot representatives and company representatives reasonably discussing what my rightful share is in all this revenue. If not easier, maybe it's at least a decent way to spend my time till I choose from the multitude of really awesome job offers that I have right now.

BEST post in recent memory!

You took a risk by joining a startup airline and were aware of that. If the insurance issue was that important you should have insisted on a written commitment.

By the way, here's how you would have fared if you didnt join B6 (assuming you're not one of the regional pilots and not some disgruntled flight attendant posing as a pilot)

US Air/ America West - paycut, loss of pension & loss of benefits but a place in the greatest show on earth

One of the WORST posts in recent memory!

UAL better benefits and retirement
NWA...
DAL better pay, benefits and retirement
USair better benefits
CAL...
AMR better pay, retirement and benefits. Even in bankruptcy AMRs initial offer of retirement is better than JetBlue.

Stop talking to blue bayou. He's making you look as bad as him.

Shon7, learn to read.

Retirement-chart.png

Latest resources

Back