Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue: Below average and it's going to stay that way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That free time statement is more than you think. Ever see a SWA schedule, they don't have time to bitch. 3 day trips worth 20 hrs with 15 hr layovers so you have time for a beer and dinner and that's it. No 3hrs sits for sure. I think the management theory is work them to death and send them home and of course a nice pay check.

That used to be the way it was here. AND WE LOVED IT! Then the company got their collective butts handed to them by mishandling some weather events. They discovered they needed everyone with spare time and scheduled to sit in hotels so they could be used as "virtual reserves" when the airline imploded. Then... they needed to rob Peter to pay Paul over the pay raises for the crews.

Viola! 13-14 days off, commutability has suffered, and all the open time is sent to the reserves so no one can collect Premium Pay by going over 78 hours. There are occasional exceptions for a seat/base... but that is the modus operandi around here now. And it has done more to pi$$ me off than any other thing here.

Viola! 13-14 days off, commutability has suffered, and all the open time is sent to the reserves so no one can collect Premium Pay by going over 78 hours.

Why dont you go into management. Then you can build schedules around whats convenient and hopefully never have to fly weekends. Heck maybe you can even throw in a super premium for every other weekday.

Why dont you go into management. Then you can build schedules around whats convenient and hopefully never have to fly weekends. Heck maybe you can even throw in a super premium for every other weekday.

If I went into management, I would do to the pilot group exactly what has already been done. That is simple business.

It is up to the pilot group to stand up for themselves, get a CBA, and get a legal voice at the negotiating table. The limiting factor here is the JetBlue pilot group hasn't accepted the fact that this is...JUST BUSINESS.

(Thanks for playing shon7)

Dream on. Let me know how the contract works out for you.

I wonder... where the pilots of all those other airlines would be without thier unions? I wonder why they unionized in the first place?

Funny how even the pilots that don't like thier particular union... still want A union. Ask a Delta guy why he wants the DPA instead of just getting rid of ALPA and the union all together. Don't ask why the don't want ALPA. See how many want no union. DAL guys chime in here. Why didn't the AirTran guys just go non-union? They had their chance. Ask one.

Why shon? Why is it that over 90% of professional airline pilots are unionized? Do you think it's to put the company they work for out of business so they can go back to the bottom of another list? Just wondering?

It's funny how every other major airline who has declared bankruptcy still has better retirement, health benefits, protections, and in most cases pay, than JetBlue.

It's funny how every other major airline who has declared bankruptcy still has better retirement, health benefits, protections, and in most cases pay, than JetBlue.

But I don't understand... Those models are unsustainable!!

Monkey see. Monkey do.

Again for shon7 as his reading comprehension skills a lacking...

Latest resources

Back