• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JETBLUE Anti-union tactics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One: I wasn't aware that one could be forced to do office work, so clearly that is a choice one makes deliberately.

Two: "Give up!" That is a most silly concept, since we are so far behind average in all areas that there is nothing to "give up". Tell you what though, we get true industry average pay, health care, retirement, vacation allotment, vacation policy, sick bank, trip rigs, duty rigs, scope, etc.,etc., then I'll happily give up PTO at premium!

One: I wasn't aware that one could be forced to do office work, so clearly that is a choice one makes deliberately.

Two: "Give up!" That is a most silly concept, since we are so far behind average in all areas that there is nothing to "give up". Tell you what though, we get true industry average pay, health care, retirement, vacation allotment, vacation policy, sick bank, trip rigs, duty rigs, scope, etc.,etc., then I'll happily give up PTO at premium!

Obviously it is a choice, and some are more inclined to make that choice. I have no problem with those who DO make that choice. It just seems odd to me that people would complain about the office guys, given that most line pilots would be absolutely miserable in that job. That was my point. Splert is an idiot, and cannot understand that (Which is probably why he is jealous of office guys. They are doing something he isn't capable of doing.)

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the second part. It must not be in reference to one of my posts.

The biggest downside to office work is the constant communication, and expectation that you're available 24/7. There's never any downtime. When your flight is over, you can turn your phone off and forget about work for a few days. For an office guy, that isn't the case. Ever. Even on vacation. It gets REALLY old.

My point isn't that line is better or office is better, but when you suggest that office guys don't have limits or that it's all roses, that's BS, and it shows how little you know and understand about how things work.

Exactly just like the first meltdown of 2014 - with the B6 CEO. We heard from him every hour right with uplifting messages of hope that we will endure the snowstorm while everyone was safely delivered to their hotel rooms.

How much is APLA short term disability insurance? I hear that it can be expensive.

That's why it is additional STD insurance. If you feel it is worth it to you then buy it. If you don't, then don't buy it. What is great though is with ALPA is you have the choice and option to have more insurance.

Obviously it is a choice, and some are more inclined to make that choice. I have no problem with those who DO make that choice. It just seems odd to me that people would complain about the office guys, given that most line pilots would be absolutely miserable in that job. That was my point. Splert is an idiot, and cannot understand that (Which is probably why he is jealous of office guys. They are doing something he isn't capable of doing.)

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the second part. It must not be in reference to one of my posts.
First you ignore me.

Then you can't stop talking about me.

What is this a man crush? Believe me, you are not my flavor. Just move on little boy blue.

Chuck,

Company provided STD should only be for new hires who haven't accured enough sick time to bridge LTD waiting periods. The solution isn't more STD it is better accrual, emergency accrual and max banking limits.

Last edited:
Company provided STD should only be for new hires who haven't accured enough sick time to bridge LTD waiting periods. The solution isn't more STD it is better accrual, emergency accrual and max banking limits.

This. With a healthy sick bank balance, an STD policy shouldn't even be necessary. Available for those with low balances yes, but that currently describes everybody.

Latest resources

Back