Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
Why don't you ask them?

Okay, I'll play. If Vueling bought some 330s and we ended up codesharing with them, would you feel cheated, would you feel that it was flying that "belonged" to you? How about if we signed a codeshare with Virgin Atlantic, BA or Iceland Air, would you feel the same?

Okay, I'll play too......I would feel much worse if we code-shared with Vueling and we weren't the guys flying the 330s because Dave is on the board with them. As far as I know, he's not on the board of directors with VA, BA or IA.....D Barger, if this were to happen, would have a great opportunity to help his pilots out (Jetblue) by expanding our routes, planes and increasing our compensation....now business-wise, it makes more sense for them to farm out the 330s to the cheapest pilots, you know, the guys with the huge amount of flying experience (>2000hrs) :puke:

Dizel8 said:
Why don't you ask them?

Okay, I'll play. If Vueling bought some 330s and we ended up codesharing with them, would you feel cheated, would you feel that it was flying that "belonged" to you? How about if we signed a codeshare with Virgin Atlantic, BA or Iceland Air, would you feel the same?

As long as no jetblue airplane is flown by other than jetblue pilots, who is compensated according to our contract and on the seniority list, then I really don't have a problem.

OK, this is a stretch...what if it was intended all along to grow JB into a world carrier but with "open skies" it is determined to be much more cost effective to use Euro crews?

Neil Eubich said:
Okay, I'll play too......I would feel much worse if we code-shared with Vueling and we weren't the guys flying the 330s because Dave is on the board with them. As far as I know, he's not on the board of directors with VA, BA or IA.....D Barger, if this were to happen, would have a great opportunity to help his pilots out (Jetblue) by expanding our routes, planes and increasing our compensation....now business-wise, it makes more sense for them to farm out the 330s to the cheapest pilots, you know, the guys with the huge amount of flying experience (>2000hrs) :puke:

Dave Barger is on the Board of Directors at Vueling. He is also the President of JB. He also owns 7% of Vueling.

bluejuice787 said:
Dave Barger is on the Board of Directors at Vueling. He is also the President of JB. He also owns 7% of Vueling.

That's my point.....he's personnally invested in both companies........not so with Virgin or the others......that's why I would hope that with his greater interest in jetBlue and a smaller investment in Vueling that he'd help both companies out, but would want the transatlantic crossings to be controlled by jetBlue......that's what I'd love to have happen...but if he can get a Euro to fly the 330 for $150/hr who do you think he's going to eventually fly that thing?

bluejuice787 said:
OK, this is a stretch...what if it was intended all along to grow JB into a world carrier but with "open skies" it is determined to be much more cost effective to use Euro crews?

As long as it does not say jetblue on the side and it does not affect our airplane deliveries,growth, seniority, pay and pilot hiring, then I don't really care.

Dizel8 said:
As long as it does not say jetblue on the side and it does not affect our airplane deliveries,growth, seniority, pay and pilot hiring, then I don't really care.

Yeah but Dizel....if there was an opportunity for jetblue or vueling to fly the 330 overseas you're telling me that you wouldn't care if they got that gig and not you?

Fine, if this is all just speculation and paranoia then I would ask this:
Why are they spending MORE of my profit sharing money on a "Cultural Exchange" program. Would it be impertinent to ask what this all costs?
Can we really expect to see a return on this investment?
No.
Just like there won't be a return on $100 million worth of HUD's, auxiliary fuel tanks, and 50 or so management pilots making $150,000 a year.
Loads of return when you cut healthcare though.

How did a Flight Attendant exchange program turn into a debate over who is going to fly A330's (which neither company owns or flys)? Maybe it both companies can learn from each other.

Dave Barger has a 7percent stake in the airline, good for him. Perhaps he is trying to make a little more money in this industry.

As for the 2000 hour pilots, very different training program and process as well as the other factors mentioned by the othe posters.

when you go to the above mentioned link...check out the tab "our philosophy" and scroll down to pilot experience. WTF!

Sounds like the mins that JB will have soon for its RJ's. Can't pay pennies and get loads of experience.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back