• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue and Vueling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not only is our upper management heavily invested in Vueling, they are also invested in GOL. It seems mgmt is more interested in their foreign investments than they are in jetblue. I find it strange that D1 and D2 stressed being part of the CSPP but not one of them has ever bought any stock. Only sold it.
It does make sense that they would be concerned about their European investments as European carriers are much more profitable than US carriers. I am starting to think something smells fishy.
If I hear one pilot say we should give widebody flying to someone else I will pummel them. Also, remember how the 190 pay was based on seats compared to the 320, mgmt better play the same game with a widebody if it were ever to come on the property.

Looked at GOLs financials, but see no info regarding officers of jetblue being involved, maybe I missed it.

As for selling shares, I know Barger have sold, however, that is only a sound fiscal decision, as any financial person will tell you,for better or worse, never a good thing to put all your eggs in one basket. Heck, look at the Google guys, they too sold and garnered billions, but I do not think Google is on the ropes, nor do I think jetblue is. Had it been me, I would have done the exact same thing as I think you would. Perhaps you just want something to moan about?

Barger is involved in Vueling on the board of directors, but as Neeleman says, as long as he gives 100% to jetblue and since there really is no conflict of interest, why not let him. Would it be great, if he had no personal life or interest outside jetblue, thinking about the company 24/7? Sounds like a recipe for burnout to me.

If the company was raking in the dough this would be a nonissue, but now that times are tough, it upsets some people. We all know why the airlines are losing money, high fuel prices, low ticket prices, something that will hopefully change over time, but there really isn't anything that can be done about it at present..

Diesel-

No one is moaning. I am simply asking and making observations.

As far as promises...I was never told that "I" would be flying to Europe or that B6 intends to do so. I would be lying to you if I said I had no interest in doing so though. It is one of the few ways a pilot can earn more money.

bluejuice787 said:
I am wondering why the company is less than fourth-comming about this issue? Why wouldn't they simply let us in on the agenda?

Is there an agenda, that is other than seeing how the other side does it and perhaps learning something from that?

blujuice787 said:
In other words we are going to train an airline to be us rather than fly Europe ourselves. Smells funny.

bluejuice787 said:
No one is moaning.

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:
Is there an agenda, that is other than seeing how the other side does it and perhaps learning something from that?
I would think the same info could be garnered from buying a few tickets and going for rides. And at a MUCH lower cost.
I apologize in advance to those that lose a jumpseat to the Vueling FAs.

Dizel8 said:

Can you not see the trees through the forrest? What should we be learning from a brand new carrier that touts the fact that the carrier has highly experienced pilots with 2000+ hours?

the airline economics we have yet to talk about in a pocket session:
"Bluepilots. Would you like to fly 330's?"
"Hell yes!"
"Great! The Vueling pilots have told us that they can do it for $150. What's your bid?"
.....been there done that enough times to have a dim view of every Wharton grad that ever walked the earth. Just business though, right?
Negotiating, I mean.

Latest resources

Back