Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue and the 2.21% pay raise rhetoric.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think logically for a bit and get away from your entitlement mentality. You are not entitled to anything and will only get what is afforded to you by market forces. Harp all you want about comparables.

Another free market bible thumper. You've been brainwashed.

Think logically for a bit and get away from your entitlement mentality. You are not entitled to anything and will only get what is afforded to you by market forces. Harp all you want about comparables.
My entitlement mentality? If you knew the company I work for you would retract that statement. We work hard, long days and no entitlement. Market forces forced me to out of a job once and to furlough another time. So before you go off as a half cocked internet scribe, refill your drink and chill out.

Last edited:
you mean as opposed to a welfare monger.
Now go do the walkaround!

Nope, not me. I work hard, always have. I just don't fall for the charade of "market forces " as if they are not highly manipulated and used as a weapon against the middle and working class.

No welfare desired or requested. Just someone in my corner, and that is NOT the GOP leadership.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you cannot compare apples and oranges. BOTH the DC-9 and 717s carry well over 100 pax. You have to use the other carriers that fly the 190s and for now, you guys are overpaid*** but that is a good thing, right?
If we compare A320 to A320 you are overpaid based upon your A320 peers.

Everything that jetblew GIVES on the hourly side, they will TAKE on the benefits and work-rules side. It's been that way for 10 years. Cost neutral. That's the beauty of a flexible direct relationship.

Apologists, bluebells, and jetblew knights-in-shining-armor are nothing more than cringing hyenas who jump when a Wharton grad says "wide-bodies, furlough protection, and free pizza." Stupid a holes.

all these comparisons are futile. Pay is based on market power and nothing else. Rationalize it all you want on weight, number of seats, number of engines, number of toilets or whatever else you fancy.

Right now our pay is based on what union pilots have fought for and nothing else.

Are you the chicken farmer or Blue Bayou's brother who thinks that his C-130 experience dropping jeeps at 5 feet somehow makes him God's gift to the airline industry?

GP

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back