JetBlue and fuel stops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fox-Tree said:
:rolleyes: A tech stop? Dude, I'm not faulting your logic on the 319 but let's call a spade a spade. A tech stop is a PLANNED stop at Bangor after starting on the west coast so you can make it to the med - or ANC so you can get the 180K lbs. of cargo from Taiwan to the lower 48.

It's not called a tech stop when your poodle jet is sucking hind t!t fighting the winter jet and can't make it to LA. A domestic fuel divert means it's just a bad plan or the wrong jet for the mission.

I honestly have to say I agree with you on this one. I too wish that we would call it what it really is. On the other hand they really are very rare. The past few days were quite the exception with almost 200kt headwinds and weather on the west coast.

A previous post from a JB pilot indicated that we do these in his/her estimation less than 2% of the time. Actually the percentage is far less than that. Less than one half of one percent.

You can easily turn the 320 into the 319. Just block 26 seats. From this flight list one can assume B6 would rather stop for gas than do the unthinkable and bump passen, oops, I almost said it, customers.

You can debate the right plane for the mission all you want, but in the words of Popeye "I yam whats I yam". Purely in the comfort department I prefer fifi, both up front and in the back, when traveling coast to coast.

Last edited:
continental had a planned fuel stop houston to san fran. yesterday, it was a 737-300, stopped in el paso.

I say good for JetBlue. Most of the other airlines would have bumped pax in a heartbeat. As a pax, I would gladly accept a 30 minute delay for fuel instead of a multiple hour delay for the next flight.

General Lee said:
I can't wait until they all become transcon turns. That will be awesome.

Bye Bye--General Lee

be careful what you wish for general, the direction DALPA is leading you, you might be doing a transcon turn sitting next to me in a year or so.........

General Lee said:
I can't wait until they all become transcon turns. That will be awesome.

Bye Bye--General Lee
We are usually on opposite sides, my friend. But I couldn't agree with you more in this case.

CA1900 said:
Well, it is a French jet. Maybe it would make it nonstop if it weren't puffing on that cigarette the whole way? :D

Now that was Fu(7ing funny!

Do we go to LA?, does this guy know where we are going and the rest of us don't?

Trans con turns? The rules may change but unless you can do it in less than 10 hrs( 9 if FAA wants to match the rest of the world) there is no chance.And it has nothing to do with what ALPA wants. More in making our rules like ICAO and or JAR.

Debating 1% or 2%. How often does this happen? 3 times a year? Then it is about 1%. But obviously not 1% of fleet flying, just on those specific flights. I think the other 99% may make up the difference.

I actually don't know how often it happens. I used 2% as a WAG, knowing that it was probably high. (You seem to get in more trouble by underestimating problems than overestimating). All I know is that I've done my share of transcons, and I've never had a fuel stop. YMMV.

Latest resources

Back