• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue & American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetBlue pilots are hopping mad. The ones without our heads in the sand, that is. What can we do? Tell the PVC we really, really don't like it, and watch them ignore our emails (just like with the FSM). Then send our info to ALPA...

Yea... that FSM revision is a giant step backward.....

How?

Yea... that FSM revision is a giant step backward.....

How?

Let me guess...top 100...top 200? The FSM is a POS. I guess when you finally get an e-mail saying we've been bought out and your job is gone you'll finally get it.

That doesn't mean that the scope issue shouldn't be tightened up.

Tightened UP!?...

Wouldn't that mean we actually have ANYTHING at all in place for scope? We have nothing. You have no say.

"Tightened Up"... Wow, what a J-O

That doesn't mean that the scope issue shouldn't be tightened up.

amazing.....

I would think that something would have to be around the scope issue in order for it to be tightened up....

Let me guess...top 100...top 200? The FSM is a POS. I guess when you finally get an e-mail saying we've been bought out and your job is gone you'll finally get it.

It must suck to come to work and be so angry all the time. What in particular about the FSM don't you like, or do you just hate it all because you like to complain? As a bottom 500 guy there is some good and some not so good, but overall I'd say it's a decent document that fills in a lot of the gaps in our current FSM.

Interline agreements are nothing new. Neither are code shares. B6 will have more to come, as will AA. It's the nature of the beast. As for doom and gloom predictions of buyouts.....it's anyone's guess. Personally I think DCA is a good thing for B6. And before some of you go off the handle....I voted for JBPA, and I believe a CBA is what is best for all. I will vote for the next union drive as well. We definitely need scope (to say the least) at B6. But honestly, I'm not getting my panties in a bunch over this AA deal. I expect more to come with other airlines. Welcome to the airline business! NWA and Continental code shared for years. Yet, DAL bought NWA. Anything can happen. Interline agreements and code shares are par for the course in the airline business.

You can speculate all you want on who buys whom, but no one will ever know until a deal is signed. The sky is not falling. Educating your fellow pilots is the way to go. I've seen too many pro-union guys calling anti-unuion guys idiots. It's embarrassing, pathetic, and unprofessional. This is not what a union is about, and it only pushes others away. Show them the benefits of having a union. Don't chastise them because they disagree, or are uneducated on the subject. You will only contribute to dividing the pilot group. The goal is solidarity. Nobody wants to be bullied into doing anything. Educate with respect. Not everyone will agree with you. Guess what......that's okay. 50% plus 1 is the goal. In the end, we all want the same thing.....an enjoyable and secure career with adequate pay and benefits.

I can't believe both the JetBlue and American pilots aren't hopping mad about this. No way I would be "sounds like a good deal to me" with seeing another airlines pilots fly MY customers around.

But what do I know. I'm "just a Southwest pilot."

Gup

Sounds like the Canada SWA code share may not happen due to WestJet finding a better deal? What's the status of the Mexico code share?
Just curious.

Last edited:
Now they are talking about merging ff programs and not ruling out jb joining one world

Jeez, you better hope not. My guess is you guys would all go below all the TWA guys. You may get fences to keep flying but your seniority would be stuck for about 20 years.

Jeez, you better hope not. My guess is you guys would all go below all the TWA guys. You may get fences to keep flying but your seniority would be stuck for about 20 years.

Shhh, this is a secret... Unless JetBlue grows, everyone's seniority will be stuck for about 20 years anyway. Too many senior people in their 30's and 40's. We could get fenced, stapled, spindled, folded, mangled and mutilated, but it won't actually change the current situation, which is completely dependent on fleet growth.

Wait a minute... You mean to say that seniority will not improve without more airplanes? I should have gone to... oh never mind

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back