• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblew Is MESSED up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or is it more likely that a lot of the guys who have been here since getting furloughed or bent over by "legacy" carriers soon after 9/11 or during the USAirways debacle had some gratitude and motivation for trying to do a little "more" for fellow crewmembers and customers the first 5 years of the company or so.

Then JetBlue management slowly devolved in to the typical bean counter and wall street creep persona.

And we now face the resultant reality that almost all professional airline pilots bow down to union representation and it's abundant pitfalls, compromises and political nastiness.

Or is it more likely that a lot of the guys who have been here since getting furloughed or bent over by "legacy" carriers soon after 9/11 or during the USAirways debacle had some gratitude and motivation for trying to do a little "more" for fellow crewmembers and customers the first 5 years of the company or so.

Then JetBlue management slowly devolved in to the typical bean counter and wall street creep persona.

And we now face the resultant reality that almost all professional airline pilots bow down to union representation and it's abundant pitfalls, compromises and political nastiness.

This!!!

And where was the foresight?

NONE what-so-ever!

Now we have lost everything that we could have preserved.

And y'all need to get ready for a further demonstration of WEAK!

When this bunch of lambs fumbles around for 10 years trying to negotiate back what they gave away. But when they finally vote in ALPA, I'm sure they'll find a way to blame ALPA for their lack of back bone, unity, and resolve.

Just watch.

Weak and ignorant and it WILL continue.

Instead of voting in ALPA with just 51% of the pilot group with the most recent vote....

I think it will sail past at +85% (hopefully) now that "leadership" has decidely picked their poison and shown us how it will be.

Some of you ALPA worshipers put WAY too much emotion in to this argument.

It has played out fairly and rather predictably unfortunately... But it has taken the time it has needed.

Some things do need to sit and ferment. You end up with vinegar or wine.

I would rather have a UNIFIED and thoroughly convinced pilot group than have had ALPA barely go through with a weak vote.

Live with the reality..Stop denigrating or attacking those who have different opinions or experiences. Reduce the emotion.

Seek out your fantasy land perfect airline somewhere else if you want.

The entire industry has been a minefield of frustration, delays and disappointment.

This pilot group still has SO MANY MORE mistakes to make.

The game is just beginning and the victories are still 15 years away.

This is all playing out so much better than jetblew and their "third parties" could have ever hoped for.

The only way to make up for lost time is militancy and that's not going to happen until you all get spanked a few more times. Of course, by then, the company will have you blaming ALPA for your predicament.

And where was the foresight?

NONE what-so-ever!

Now we have lost everything that we could have preserved.

And y'all need to get ready for a further demonstration of WEAK!

When this bunch of lambs fumbles around for 10 years trying to negotiate back what they gave away. But when they finally vote in ALPA, I'm sure they'll find a way to blame ALPA for their lack of back bone, unity, and resolve.

Just watch.

Weak and ignorant and it WILL continue.
Gosh, so much to look forward to. Slug your ex-wife for me, would ya?

Instead of voting in ALPA with just 51% of the pilot group with the most recent vote....

I think it will sail past at +85% (hopefully) now that "leadership" has decidely picked their poison and shown us how it will be.

Some of you ALPA worshipers put WAY too much emotion in to this argument.

It has played out fairly and rather predictably unfortunately... But it has taken the time it has needed.

Some things do need to sit and ferment. You end up with vinegar or wine.

I would rather have a UNIFIED and thoroughly convinced pilot group than have had ALPA barely go through with a weak vote.

Live with the reality..Stop denigrating or attacking those who have different opinions or experiences. Reduce the emotion.

Seek out your fantasy land perfect airline somewhere else if you want.

The entire industry has been a minefield of frustration, delays and disappointment.

I can see your point about wanting to be unified, but what have we lost since August of 2011?

Healthcare
Dependability policy (shoved down our throats w/8 hrs. notice)
Premium pay
3A
...just to name a few.

Now we will have to use negotiating power to get some of these things back.

I remember talking to a 'no' voter about 5 years ago. He said that he didn't think that it was the 'right time' to vote in a union. I responded, "When is the right time? When they've taken away so much that we have to negotiate for what we already had?".

If this next vote doesn't pass, I may be seeking employment elsewhere. After 10 years at a major. Wow!

GP

I can see your point about wanting to be unified, but what have we lost since August of 2011?

Healthcare
Premium pay
3A
...just to name a few.

I remember talking to a 'no' voter about 5 years ago. He said that he didn't think that it was the 'right time' to vote in a union. I responded, "When is the right time? When they've taken away so much that we have to negotiate for what we already had?".

If this next vote doesn't pass, I may be seeking employment elsewhere. After 10 years at a major. Wow!

GP

Why did you not leave after the last failed attempt?

alpo

Healthcare
Premium pay
3A
...just to name a few.

GP

Here is what ALPO will get you right off the bat........

Conflict of interest. (Majors vs. Regionals)
Pay cuts and concessions (see last two ALPO contracts)
1.9% paycut (union dues)
Divided pilot group
Absolute waste of monies (flight pay loss,boozing, and fine dining)
a union buried in lawsuits.....

Latest resources

Back