Jet University

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mcjohn

I haven't noticed this place until now. Is it new? Any volunteers want to help me pick this one apart? I just found the ad in FLYING magazine. Looks like they're in Fort Lauderdale, FL (just like Gulfstream.)

Our goal is to make you a Part 121 airline pilot flying a large jet internationally in just under a year. While so many flight academies and flight training programs have you graduate with the credentials to teach other pilots how to fly in a light Cessna (CFI), our pilots graduate with actual Part 121 Jet experience as paid First Officers.

Jet University provides the only First Officer Part 121 Jet Internship Program, including a 6-month minimum flying contract with a Part 121 Boeing 727 carrier. In 6 months, you will earn $30/flight hour which is more than twice the normal Regional Airline pay.
During the 6 months contract, you will fly the Boeing 727 into most of the busiest airports in the US, as well as experiencing international flying into Canada, Mexico, Central and South America. Our airline internships represent a unique opportunity for the low time pilot to acquire real Part 121 experience and Boeing 727 Jet Aircraft time.

Those are some mind boggling statements! Anyone know how long this place has been around? Looks like Gulfstream has some competition!

www.jetuniversity.com

Last edited:
Alright, I did the dirty work for everyone. (You're welcome) I called and spoke with a guy named Bob. Nice guy and "seemed" very straight foward and honest. Here ya go:
I only inquired about the FO program.
$33,000 = 500TT (250 FE then 250 FO) flying 727's for Custom Air Transport. Must go to Miami area for 2 months for training (he said "in a beautiful building with 18 full motion sims"). After training you get to go back home and they give you positive space tickets on airlines to go fly all over the country including the foriegn countries listed in the thread starter quote above. Work for CAT lasts about 10 months including the 2 months of training. You make 30/hour..per diem with CAT who has an overflow contract with UPS. So you make 18k of your 33k back. He said the program has been around for 6 years but has not been advertised. Something called Sim Center that trained pilots for CAT were the folks doing this for pretty much the same price I guess. He stated that in the past if someone were hired to stay on with CAT permanently they make 45/hr as F/O. For financing he only mentioned Wachovia. Also, he was very straight foward about himself and 2 or 3 others leaving Gulfstream (Which he referred to as "another pay for training program") to start this program.

Last edited:
Yeah, I kind of gathered that when I talked to Bob. Really wierd!? How can Gulfstream have an alter ego that's a much better deal then the classic Gulfstream program? Are all the PFTers at Gulfstream gonna join "Jet University?" I though Bob said he and a few guys left Gulfstream but I guess they're just branching out.

"with CAT who has an overflow contract with UPS"

What he's referring to is CAT's Menlo contracts. Call him back and ask him how much longer they are going to last? We are taking over the flying in June and July. It's planned for and UPS aircraft are already allocated.

Maybe if Jet U can get enough idiots to buy into their program, they can afford to fly empty airplanes around...

Yeah..:laugh: He said the contract expires in 2009 "but there are many people that say it won't last that long."
Seriously, that's what he said! I was dumbfounded by his honesty. He sounded very nice and sincere and kept apologizing for not having everything complete on the website. I could tell he was stuggling to give the details. It was obvious that everything wasn't quite in order yet.

As far as the 18 full motion sim place....It was some well known something or other in Miami. Can't remember the name.

Altion has a 72 sim on 36th st.
Theirs probably so many pilots lined up with there money to spend they will just find another carrier to pay. Sad. These people don’t understand flying for a living is a career not a hobby. A national union would put a stop to this B.S.

Latest resources

Back