• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
almost

de727ups said:
"with CAT who has an overflow contract with UPS"

What he's referring to is CAT's Menlo contracts. Call him back and ask him how much longer they are going to last? We are taking over the flying in June and July. It's planned for and UPS aircraft are already allocated.

Maybe if Jet U can get enough idiots to buy into their program, they can afford to fly empty airplanes around...

It's true, UPS no longer needs CAT to do their contractual flying. CAT will now be able to accept offers from FedEx, DHL, and other cargo ops to do contractual flying for them. Until these new contracts are implemented, all CAT pilots will still fly a minimum of 50-60 hrs per month.

epic! said:
why is a ERJ 145 type rating $9000 more than a A320? that doesnt make sense

since the availability of the ERJ 145 is usually booked up due to the fact that there are so many new 145's out there, that's a contributing factor. Also, Flight Safety operates that 145 sim and they charge a lot more than simcenter.

buffettck said:
Sounds like the same sort of Delta Connection Academy crap...

What is it about the Florida flight schools that make them so unreputable and "shady"?

What is it about the state of Florida that makes it so unreputable and shady.
Florida = elderly people mongering/flight student mongering

Maybe global warming isn't such a bad thing!:eek:

WTF over? Enough of this crap! Nobody buy into this B.S.! CAT will be closing the doors after June 30th. You will be pissing your money away. Take it from somebody who works there!

SevenDos said:
WTF over? Enough of this crap! Nobody buy into this B.S.! CAT will be closing the doors after June 30th. You will be pissing your money away. Take it from somebody who works there!

For anyone who cares, this information is inaccurate. (Take it from someone who ACTUALLY works here). CAT is bound by legal contract to fly their interns no less than 500 hrs. If they fly you 1 hour less, they are in breech of contract and will legally be held liable.

They may be putting a hold on extending the month to month contracts after the 500 hrs is complete however, Jet University is arranging Regional Airline interviews for EVERY pilot who has completed their contract.

Dagnabbit! Who are we supposed to beleive?! I don't really care anyhow I guess. I would NEVER pay 30g's to get a guaranteed interview with a regional. It just doesn't make sense. Hell folks, I'll guarantee you an interview with a regional for $5.

I thought the idea w/ Jet University was to PFT for non-regionals. Boeing operators, heavies, cargo, etc...
It's all Gulfstream anyway right? Gulfstream for the regionals and Jet University for the non-regionals is what I was thinking.

Latest resources

Back