• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet University

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bottom line is if there werent people willing to shell out $35 large for "training" that company would be forced to actually hire a FO thus increasing the job market in our profession. I know someone personally who did the Alpine Air PFT, he did almost all the loading and unloading of cargo and after 10 months managed to log 100 hours. He was paying to perform a service and that was stupid on his part and unethical by the company. There is no way to justify PFT because it is keeping people like me out of a job that would otherwise be qualified for and unless you enjoy screwing our profession you would wise up and do it the right way.

The_Russian said:
Nobody asked for your opinion phony. Get a life and your private some day. Everyone knows you don't really work at UPS.

Maybe he does. He just can't pass a 757 type rating checkride the first time!

"Nobody asked for your opinion phony. Get a life and your private some day. Everyone knows you don't really work at UPS"

Up to number 831 on the list, now.

"Maybe he does. He just can't pass a 757 type rating checkride the first time!"

HAHA. No regrets or hard feelings. See the post at Jetcareers (I guess you did).

All that aside, there's no reason not to give any PFJer a hard time when he comes up with some lame rationalization of what he did. Total BS...

de727ups said:
there's no reason not to give any PFJer a hard time when he comes up with some lame rationalization of what he did. Total BS...

Lame rationalization my ass. What the heck is your problem man? And why do you care anyway? I worked really hard to get where I am today. I am glad for you that nothing really crappy happened during your early career days to inhibit your progression. Maybe you should fill us in in detail about your career. I am absolutely sure that I can find a "lowering of the bar" somewhere on your career path. There has gota be something you have done that is not respected by your peers. I love your pompus attitude towards others also. It really shows your character.

The bottom line is if there werent people willing to shell out $35 large for "training" that company would be forced to actually hire a FO thus increasing the job market in our profession. I know someone personally who did the Alpine Air PFT, he did almost all the loading and unloading of cargo and after 10 months managed to log 100 hours. He was paying to perform a service and that was stupid on his part and unethical by the company. There is no way to justify PFT because it is keeping people like me out of a job that would otherwise be qualified for and unless you enjoy screwing our profession you would wise up and do it the right way.

It's not even 35K. At least get the price right. Geez! The company is forced to hire FO's. They have even hired off the street before. Our pilots come here and get what they pay for. THey get to fly and learn. However, it's all up to them on what they take away from the experience. And trust me, GIA isn't taking but maybe 10-20 jobs off the market. The fact is that GIA provides a lot of jobs for all aviation sectors. If GIA was gone that would be LESS jobs available. If you have 1500 hours why don't you apply for a Captain job here? We hire Captains every month from off the street at only 300 hours more than the 1200 hour general mins for jet regionals. The pay is very good and QOL is too. Lastly, I did not know there was a right way. Sorry. As far as the real world is concerned there are infinate ways to gain entry level positions to an airline pilot career.

The_Russian said:
After I was permanent hire for about five months

Face it, you paid for a job because you could not get one otherwise. You talk about how no airline would hire you based on your merits. Why is it that everyone else can land a job after instructing, yet you could not? Hmmmmm.

What do yo do? You whip out your checkbook and stroke a check to any operator that will let you sit in their cockpit and play pilot. You are a disgrace.

The_Russian said:
Now I am ready for when the Legacy's begin hiring.

Hate to break it to you, but majors don't take checks in exchange for a job.

Face it, you paid for a job because you could not get one otherwise. You talk about how no airline would hire you based on your merits. Why is it that everyone else can land a job after instructing, yet you could not? Hmmmmm.

I could not get one otherwise because it was within 18 months after 9/11. No one was hiring. I got the "sorry we aren't conducting interviews" from everyone. Also, I knew the status of the industry and it was getting worst. All of my students were getting jet jobs while others couldn't even get a spot as a CFI because the flight school enrollment was down. I then lost my job as a CFI because GAA shut its 141 doors after we finished the last of the students. I was told be a company I was interested in working for to do the program and get the turbine time. I was also told by all of my peers except one to do it. Life is short. And I wasnt going to sit on my ass and not fly. I did try to get 135 jobs with my flight time. I finally got one and was let go in the first week along with the guy I got hired with due to company costs. At the time it was the only way. And a smart choice at that. And my merits landed me the job, not the money. The money got me the program and the job came later.

What do yo do? You whip out your checkbook and stroke a check to any operator that will let you sit in their cockpit and play pilot. You are a disgrace.

No actually I don't. I am not well off, nor is my family. I would never pay for a job. I agree that it is wrong. I don't think that there was a time where I was "playing pilot". Trust me, I was on your side of the fence as a CFI pre-gulfstream. I hated the program and was jealous and hateful. But, being involved with the company I began to learn of the benifits you career recieves from attending a program such as GAA. I don't believe that it is the only thing you should do before going to an airline job, but it is very good. I happen to recommend being a CFI just like I did first. THen use GAA to top off your resume if you think it is worth investing the money. At the time, it was for me. And it has paid off.

Hate to break it to you, but majors don't take checks in exchange for a job.

And why would they? Why would I give them money for a job? By the time I reach that point I will not need any more experience.:D

Latest resources

Back