• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JET SELECT info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, if you're willing to be a companies bitch, a company will treat you well. If you're not, well, thats not the companies problem.

I fixed it for you :thumbsup

As Lear Wanna Be said, JS as a company has a lot of potential and is by far not the worst company out there by any means. However, upper management, intra company communication and especially R.A is what keeps the company from reaching their true potential.

Post 28 & 32 are spot on. Although, the tide does seem to be shifting again. I know they have more than a few planes with 3 pilot crews now. Otherwise, the only thing that I might retract would be the low pay statement. What I meant by that was that R.A. is always trying to convince the aircraft owners they are paying their pilots too much. As every airplane is its own deal and there are no set rates, it's easy to chip away one airplane at a time. I also know that guys are getting more time off these days. I guess they're tired of having to hire guys all the time.

What I don't get is what you are doing there? Your profile says 91, but all their aircraft are 135. Since you seem to want to defend them, btw I'm not the only one here that has tried to shed some light on JS, I'd suspect you aren't on the 60 fleet. Just be aware that you have been warned about R.A. And take notice that B.K. is never available to take your call, but he has no problem calling you and the conversation usually starts with, "Hey buddy....."

I'm certainly not calling JS a bottom feeder, but they're also not what all 135s should be modeled after. I think they could be though if R.A. took a hike.

No I'm not on the 60.....but I do fly there.

You're dead wrong, BK takes my calls every time or calls me back in minutes. Text and emails replies are fast too. BK is nothing like you describe. I'd like to know what moron told you these things about him and the other managers......they are all the opposite of your description. Never have I heard a raised voice or even a confrontational attitude.....not even close.

BTW....who is RA.........I met nobody as of yet with those initials. So maybe whoever that is has already taken a step down, or a step away from operations.

Only thing you're accurate about is "time off"....you request it and you get it......unless there's some really good reason they want to ask if you can take other days off because of a specific trip. But its still the pilots decision.

The people behind the scenes....that work in the office, they couldn't be nicer and couldn't be more professional.

To me.....what makes a good 135 operator and what makes a bad 135 operator.

BAD 135:
They screw you on crew rest
Terrible pay
They can care less about any gripes you may have
They have crappy maintenance
All they care about is getting the trip done, regardless of crew fatigue, weather, broken planes, other risk factors, etc....
Ask you to break regs....

In short.....JS does NONE of that crap. I wouldn't fly there if they did.

I fixed it for you :thumbsup

As Lear Wanna Be said, JS as a company has a lot of potential and is by far not the worst company out there by any means. However, upper management, intra company communication and especially R.A is what keeps the company from reaching their true potential.

No idea who RA is......

But you have no clue how things are at JS THESE DAYS. Maybe thats the issue, what you describe is not how it is.

No idea who RA is......

But you have no clue how things are at JS THESE DAYS. Maybe thats the issue, what you describe is not how it is.

Calm down dude. I'm glad you enjoy your job. Give it some time...you'll start to see the forest for the trees. Additionally, the fact that you don't know who RA is at your company shows how little you really know about your own company!

Enjoy the flying, be safe and have a great new year!

FYI: I still have a number of friends there. So I do know how things are THESE DAYS :thumbsup

R.A. Is still da man.
B.K. The former D.O. left and went to Arizona.
G.M. The former C.P. is now D.O.
They're looking for a new C.P.
Other than that, things are going smoothly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back