• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JET SELECT info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work with the one guy who left to fly for a pt. 91. I have met the owner and, D.O. all really nice guys. As far as part 135 I would say its top notch. I used to work for the other 135 guys on the other side of the field, and I can say JS is about a 1000 times better. Crewing will depend on what the owner wants to spend, and that is what it is. You won't be asked to fly broke planes, and you won't be fired when you don't. I would suggest them to anybody looking for work. You'll work hard, but be treated great. Nice people there, and a good family feel. BTW when you see the "other guys" advertise for pilots run away! Being in business 75 years for doesn't mean they aren't bad.... They are bad, very very very bad. The manager already ran one 135 into bankruptcy, and riding with D.O. is the closest I have been to death! "riding as a passenger and setting of the gpws in IMC while about flying into the IKEA in KPIT"! I never thought I would take controls of a airplane while being a passenger!

By the owner do you mean D.B.? If you mean R.A., then first he's not the owner nor a nice guy. As for the current DO, he's nice to everybody when he looks face to face with them. When you turn your back is another story. As for what the aircraft owners wans, that's not exactly true. The GM has a way of selling out the pilots, thus it's bare minimums in most cases...i.e. 2 pilots, low pay, no time off. That being said, I'm not saying JS is a bad place, but at least go in with your eyes wide open and informed. MX is good, but there is certainly pressure to fly at times.

As for the current DO, he's nice to everybody when he looks face to face with them. When you turn your back is another story.

You don't mean Jet Select's D.O......do you? The D.O., CP and everyone else at Jet Select are about the nicest, most normal people I've ever met. All about listening to pilots and everything they have to say/offer to any issue. Thats some rare stuff in the Part 135 world.

You don't mean Jet Select's D.O......do you? The D.O., CP and everyone else at Jet Select are about the nicest, most normal people I've ever met. All about listening to pilots and everything they have to say/offer to any issue. Thats some rare stuff in the Part 135 world.

You need to put the Koolaid down dude.

I've been trying to get on with them for a couple of years. Every time they post a job ad on the orange site I send them my resume and they never call. I have tons of hours on the LR-60 too.

Thanks, I needed this laugh as I missed it a week ago when you posted this. Yes, I mean JetSelect and BK if he is still the DO. As Tapcon said, put the Koolaid down or realize that people tend to be very nice to you when they want something from you...it's another story when you want something from them (like a good job, pay, and time off).

I'm not knocking JS as a company. Their management is another story. Just do a little research on RA and his days at Jetride. Then you'll see how BK ended up there and GM after Jetride went Tango Uniform. Of course they get all the time off they want.

Thanks, I needed this laugh as I missed it a week ago when you posted this. Yes, I mean JetSelect and BK if he is still the DO. As Tapcon said, put the Koolaid down or realize that people tend to be very nice to you when they want something from you...it's another story when you want something from them (like a good job, pay, and time off).

I'm not knocking JS as a company. Their management is another story. Just do a little research on RA and his days at Jetride. Then you'll see how BK ended up there and GM after Jetride went Tango Uniform. Of course they get all the time off they want.

All I can say is...maybe they treat azzholes poorly.....not me or anyone I know that works there. Absolutely nothing like the crap your talking about goes on there.
If they treated me badly like you're talking about, I would first laugh, then walk out the door.

Last edited:
Post 28 & 32 are spot on. Although, the tide does seem to be shifting again. I know they have more than a few planes with 3 pilot crews now. Otherwise, the only thing that I might retract would be the low pay statement. What I meant by that was that R.A. is always trying to convince the aircraft owners they are paying their pilots too much. As every airplane is its own deal and there are no set rates, it's easy to chip away one airplane at a time. I also know that guys are getting more time off these days. I guess they're tired of having to hire guys all the time.

What I don't get is what you are doing there? Your profile says 91, but all their aircraft are 135. Since you seem to want to defend them, btw I'm not the only one here that has tried to shed some light on JS, I'd suspect you aren't on the 60 fleet. Just be aware that you have been warned about R.A. And take notice that B.K. is never available to take your call, but he has no problem calling you and the conversation usually starts with, "Hey buddy....."

I'm certainly not calling JS a bottom feeder, but they're also not what all 135s should be modeled after. I think they could be though if R.A. took a hike.

Latest resources

Back