• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JET SELECT info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Show me a charter company that has more than 3 pilots per plane, and then show me one that isn't short now and then a pilot.

Can you back this up with examples of what made him/her an idiot? (btw, I have no clue who the "former CP" is)

Again, show me a charter company any more that actually owns their fleet. It doesn't exist - not even NetJets owns their fleet my friend.

Do you know the owners? Do you know them personally? Can you give examples of why they are not people you want to work for?

I'm not defending your side or JetSelect's side...but don't throw derogatory remarks out without some support. Every company that is mentioned on this board has the same reputation. So if it's so bad at JetSelect, give us your experience and personal examples...not second-hand hearsay. That's only fair to the poor chap trying to learn more about the company.

Jetride has 3 pilots per plane on every based aircraft. Jetride is only short on the roaming aircraft, but they fill those holes with roaming pilots and VOLUNTARY overtime. JetSelect madates the overtime if you are short (at least that is what two of your pilots told me very recently).

Jetride owns 24 of its 28 aircraft. Is that enough of an example? So, yes it does exist. And by the way, Netjets isn't considered a charter company. They are considered a fractional by industry standard and by definition, the fractional company doesn't own aircraft -- its customers own the aircraft. Bad comparison when you mentioned Netjets.

If by personally you mean have I met the owners of JetSelect? The answer is yes. Am I chum buddies with them? No. They are not good people based on what they did to Jetride. The spent several months and a good chunk of Jetride's money figuring out how to form their own business. Once accomplished, they bailed without warning. This is bad business ethics, and I wouldn't work for them.

That said, every company as you said, has problems. However, prior to my post, everything said about JetSelect was rosey. Not the case. Some if it was untrue. Nothing I have posted is inaccurate or untrue.

2 Lear 60s in ILG are fully staffed.

2 Lear 60s in GYY are fully staffed.

2 Challengers in SDL are fully staffed with 7 total pilots.

1 G-100 in BCT is short one pilot. This aircraft is a recent addition and they are currently searching for an FO. There is a new Lear 60 for BCT and there might be an opening or two left on that aircraft.

1 Lear 35, 1 Lear 60, and 1 Hawker 700 in DAL are fully staffed. Although the Hawker might be going through some changes.

1 Challenger 604 and a Lear 31 at CMH are fully staffed. 1 Lear 60 at CMH is short a pilot (due to CA being upgraded to BCT G-100), but currently covered by the CP. New Lear 31 at CMH is currently looking for pilots.

Now I don't have anything bad to say about Jetride or Pinnacle, but two JS guys recently came over from Jetride. I know one guy and he was a great addition for JS. So actually that is 4 Lear 60 guys that have come over from 3 other 135 companies. There has to be a reason!

LWB,

There is a reason. JS pays more than Jetride. The schedule is the same IF the aircraft are fully staffed. The benefits are almost the same, but for the 401k and maybe a couple small differences in the benefits.

The big difference is that Jetride owns 85% of its fleet and JS does not. Managed aircraft are an ify thing. I know, I have been burned twice by a managed aircraft, and no, it wasn't because of JS owners/management leaving Jetride.

There are a lot of positive things about JS. But, as with anything company, there are a lot of negatives. It is only fair for people asking to have the whole story. And believe me, there are better 135 operators than JS. And there are a lot worse as well.

So I hear there is a guy at Jetride that insists on being called "Captain", tell me that isn't you Starcheckdriver!

BCT positions filled. CMH positions are still open and 1 Hawker FO position in DAL may or may not still be available.

I interviewd in KGYY last month for a 60 sic job. I could never get the guy to tell me what the pay was. But if was anything like their insurance or 401K program I'm glad they never called back.

Latest resources

Back